coolmodi

Reinforce vehicles

I shot 4 people that were riding a truck by simply killing the driver and then everyone that got out.

I think that is stupid.

There should be a way to make something like that:

auvgvh66.jpg

Metal plates with a slit to look through.

Then you won't see much (on non 3dp servers at least), but you also won't be shot out so extremely easy!

There could also be something for the wheels or w/e, but right now you are just fucked if someone finds you while driving around.

Dead driver=everybody dead

Im sure there will be more reinforced cars etc but if you really think about what you did: Shooting a driver, ofcourse the others could die easily! Think in real life when you are driving a car and somebody shoots the driver or the wheels of the car, as a passenger youre fucked! Theres nothing you can do about it.

I shot 4 people that were riding a truck by simply killing the driver and then everyone that got out.

I think that is stupid.

There should be a way to make something like that:

auvgvh66.jpg

Metal plates with a slit to look through.

Then you won't see much (on non 3dp servers at least), but you also won't be shot out so extremely easy!

There could also be something for the wheels or w/e, but right now you are just fucked if someone finds you while driving around.

Dead driver=everybody dead

I was just talking to my friend/ gaming buddy about this today actually. As an iron worker ( welder) and fan of apocalyptic type of scenarios, I have said on many occasions one of the first things I would do personally is mod the shit out of some sort of vehicle for extra protection. But from the stand point of Dayz, that means they would have to make models for all the vehicles, extra scripting etc etc. The idea is awesome, and makes perfect sense, we can only wait and see.

I love this idea, maybe if you were able find a vehicle of some type say a regular pick-up truck, then to be able to go and get scrap metal and go back to that truck and use the scrap metal as material for say the windows to create reinforced armor and you just keep building up you're vehicle till it is completely reinforced!

Id rather see cars that dont blow up hollywood style and just shut down when the engine block is shot enough or by a large enough projectile.

Cars dont catch on fire after only 40-60 rounds of AK fire..........considering I watched about 20 guys all with different rifles/handguns/shotguns fire for about 45 minutes at a car when it finaly FINALY began to catch on fire. Sure armored windows would be awsome.........but when you have a bus full of dudes in it and some ass comes out of the tree line with an AK and puts 2 mags into the bus and it blows up killing everyone...........all i think of is rambo with his UZI with his magical infinate magazine of endless ammo mowing down armies of people and blowing up helicopters and tanks with it.

sounds interesting, on that note, enforcing anything really would be awesome. imagine blocking doors inside of buildings and boarding up windows to create a safe haven, and by safe haven i mean a good spot to sit until another player sees a boarded up house and investigates just to try to kill you inside xD

Sigh.

You do realize this is built on Arma 2's engine right and anyway why is your truck going to be resistant against rifle fire, are you retarded?

Also I don't know if something like this is possible.

Sigh.

You do realize this is built on Arma 2's engine right and anyway why is your truck going to be resistant against rifle fire, are you retarded?

Also I don't know if something like this is possible.

It is possible and have you even played the mod???

There are players that like to PvP, so in order to overcome that factor of being killed by someone with a rifle you need armor on your vehicle, make sense?

You do realize this is Arma 2's engine and some how Rocket (works for BIS), with his training in scripting has overcome the Arma 2 engine, look how far this mod as got. Do you think it has gotten this far due to people thinking this is reaching the Arma limit? I don't think so.