Sign in to follow this  
Worrun (DayZ)

Where are all the animals?

not worth the ammo 98% of the time :P

Yeah i don't waste ammo on any animals ever. I just use my axe

I ran past a goat on a hill next to the Coast. I didn't have any weapons so all I could do was look at it.

Edited by Fancy_Pants

i killed a boar and gutted it, forgot to take the meat and the shit just vanished.

Okay I've been playing almost a week now and only spotted 1 rabbit lol. I have my graphics on the lowest so there's absolutely no ground clutter and little environment detail but I can see animals perfectly, great big white glowing rabbit on the green/brown ground.

With such small amounts of food and no zombies in the woods surely there could be some more animals to eat :)

Yesterday I spend 4 real-time hours running through the woods and hills and all sorts of terrains and did not see a single animal. Don't get me wrong, I stop all the time and scan the horizon and other areas, I even came across 3 men with guns running along in the forest (I let them pass while hiding in prone)

But yeah, 4 hours in the forest most of which was day time but I spend about 40 minutes of night time too with a flashlight and not a single thing.

Is it just me or should there be more animals? I ran from my spawn point (on the coast somewhere) and died in Vyshnoye (which is almost half way inland) from starvation.

What server were you on? That might have been me and my buddies. :D

i like the dayzmap.info better :D its cleaner und not so overloaded

on dayzdb.com/map you can deselect what you don't care about. i.e. narrowing down your search

Okay I've been playing almost a week now and only spotted 1 rabbit lol. I have my graphics on the lowest so there's absolutely no ground clutter and little environment detail but I can see animals perfectly, great big white glowing rabbit on the green/brown ground.

With such small amounts of food and no zombies in the woods surely there could be some more animals to eat :)

1) try going near the coastal woods/plains.

2) northern airfields usually have atleast 1-3 medium/large animals within a radius of 1km roaming around (I once killed 3 cows south of NW airfield in one server!)

3) also on top of mountains/hills where its clear of trees and/or flat, such as "Klen". which is north of berezino(goats seem to like it)