Sign in to follow this  
Garydos (DayZ)

Bandit Tips: The Art of Stalking

One of my favorite things to do as a bandit is stalk prey and strike at the most opportune moment. It gives me a nice rush and makes my heart race.

I'm gonna give a few tips as to how you should stalk your unlucky survivor.

PREPARE FOR THE HUNT

This doesn't necessarily mean having a bunch of top level gear. While having the best weapons does help, if you work efficiently, you can take down a lone survivor with just your pistol. All you need is some ammo and maybe a bandage, and you are set.

FIND YOUR VICTIM

It's a big world and servers have an average cap of about 50 players. Even though it seems like you would rarely encounter anybody, it happens all the time. The easiest places to find people are coastal towns. Towns like cherno and elektro make for great hunts, and their layouts are fairly easy to memorize. You can usually find people with lots of gear in the big cities, while smaller cities have players that just spawned. Figure out what your needs are, and choose a city to roam around in until you find someone (listen for gunshots, they are a very easy way to find a person's location. This works in reverse too, do not fire any shots unless you have to).

STALKING AND KILLING

Here comes the fun part, following your victim. Nothing beats the thrill of uncertainty, and following something with a mind of its own is followed by loads of uncertainty. The first thing that you should do when following someone is to put yourself in their shoes. If you think like them, you will know their every move, which means you will be able to counter their every move. Survivors have motives for going to towns, and that is usually for 2 things: Supplies, and linking up with other survivors (unless of course they're just passing through the town). Remember to keep your distance from the survivor, but not too much distance. It's okay to lose sight of your target for a little while as long as you know the the city, but if you're not to familiar with it, losing sight of him could mean losing him all together. If he is in the town for supplies, then he will most certainly stop at a couple houses to check if they have anything. That is your moment to strike. Creep up to an appropriate distance, take aim and fire. If he is not in the city for supplies, then follow him outside of the city. Wait for him to walk into a forest or another location that contains lots of shrubbery, then strike from the bushes. If you don't kill him after wasting half of your ammo, it's time to go to a big town and look for supplies. It's all about finding the perfect moment to strike, so take whatever course of action you think is necessary to keep track of the target. With that in mind, what I have found works best is to always follow him while crouched, so you do not alert him. Also, if he is being chased by zeds, follow him but do not kill the zeds or shoot at him. Wait for him to go into an open field or back into a corner, then unload on him.

Thanks for reading, and I hope these tips help you in becoming a better bandit.

I also think that if you can, aim for the head. If you follow a guy running on railroad for hours, he'll eventually stop to drink and refill his bottle before entering a town that's not near water.

Also, there's lots of times when people just random have to check something in their gear. Thoses imperfections are the best time to headshot him.

I must point out that I'm not a bandit myself, but If can think like one, i can survive one.

I also think that if you can' date=' aim for the head. If you follow a guy running on railroad for hours, he'll eventually stop to drink and refill his bottle before entering a town that's not near water.

Also, there's lots of times when people just random have to check something in their gear. Thoses imperfections are the best time to headshot him.

I must point out that I'm not a bandit myself, but If can think like one, i can survive one.

[/quote']

The biggest tip that I can give is 'always check your surroundings'. Evertime I'm walking to something I hold the ALT key to check everything around me.

Oh, and if you're sure he has more friends, either you can loot him and GTFO, or make things interesting. I usually get up to a elevation, a building, mountain, whatever gives me a good view, load my beautiful CZ and just stay with the body on my scope. Eventually him or his buddy(s) will come to try to loot the body and that's when you pop some heads. :cool:

Aiming for the leg is more amusing. Supposedly, if you shoot them in the legs, they break, and you get to watch them struggle around before you kill them.