Magnet (DayZ)

[VIDEO GUIDE] Installation & Tutorial (+BETA)

Hi, i'm trying to follow the install guide you have and have got as far as installing the launcher, unfortunately when i use the setup file to setup launcher, i do not get the modify/repair/remove install window you get, i get some text and an iinstall location string ( like c:\launcher\blah\blah) and so therefore i cannot 'point' the launcher at the required arma .exe file(s)...

the launcher if installed and opened has blank spaces in the windows.... where am i going wrong?

Hi, i'm trying to follow the install guide you have and have got as far as installing the launcher, unfortunately when i use the setup file to setup launcher, i do not get the modify/repair/remove install window you get, i get some text and a 'select installation folder' window ( with folder: c:\program files(x86)\spirited machine\arma II launcher\ then a browse button) and so therefore i cannot 'point' the launcher at the required arma .exe file(s)...

the launcher if installed and opened has blank spaces in the windows.... where am i going wrong?

Hey guys when ever I try connect to a server it says I am missing a deleted file "chernarus". Any ideas what I can do?

@zimmerphrame

I only get that Modify/Repair/Remove window because I already have the program installed.

The prompts following the installation directory prompt should ask for the location of the ArmA exe's. If it doesn't or you have entered them incorrectly, once the launcher is installed you can change the directory locations in the Launch Options tab.

@VZ58shooter

Are you force loading Chernarus from the default world option in the Launch Options tab of Spirited Machine's launcher?

Regards,

Mag.

@VZ58shooter

Are you force loading Chernarus from the default world option in the Launch Options tab of Spirited Machine's launcher?

Regards' date='

Mag.

[/quote']

I am not sure what you mean. I also noticed I can not launch combined operations. I can play arma 2 and OA no problem but when I click CO a system window opens for 1 second and closes. It goes away fast so I am not sure what it says.

@zimmerphrame

I only get that Modify/Repair/Remove window because I already have the program installed.

The prompts following the installation directory prompt should ask for the location of the ArmA exe's. If it doesn't or you have entered them incorrectly' date=' once the launcher is installed you can change the directory locations in the Launch Options tab.

Regards,

Mag.

[/quote']

ok, got that sorted now, but when i try to launch game, i get a window come up with 'addon 'dayz_code' requiress addon 'CABuildingParts' i click ok then the game loads, but i get an ingame window which then says ' no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'. ' after i click continue, i get to the server list ok, but cannot enter any games.... it says something like deleted file chenaraus, but i click the force load thing on the launcher for that....

any more help would be much appreciated...

@Zimmerphrame

Try re-installing battle-eye either by right clicking your game in steam or by doing so from the battle-eye website.

@VZ58shooter

The command prompt window happens whenever you launch CO, that's fine.

Go in to your launcher, select the launch options tab and then look about 2/3'rds of the way down the launcher on the right and find the default world option. Enable that and change the drop down box to Chernarus.

Mag.

@zimmerphrame

ok' date=' got that sorted now, but when i try to launch game, i get a window come up with 'addon 'dayz_code' requiress addon 'CABuildingParts' i click ok then the game loads, but i get an ingame window which then says ' no entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'. ' after i click continue, i get to the server list ok, but cannot enter any games.... it says something like deleted file chenaraus, but i click the force load thing on the launcher for that....

any more help would be much appreciated...

[/quote']

I had this problem when I named the @dayz folder "@DayZ" and the addons folder inside that "addons". When I changed the names to "@dayz" and "Addons" it worked perfectly. Hope that helped!

I am getting kicked from every server. I have followed these instructions and even updated battle eye. One of the 50-75 times i was kicked from a server, it said "updating battle eye 1.56" or something similar, then I was kicked. I have manually updated battle eye a few times now. Any input is appreciated.

I was following the video and when I got to around 2:30 of the video I cannot run ARMA II: Combined Operations for some reason. When I right click and run it there is a small black window with text and then it goes away and that is it. I have tried restarting both Steam and my computer in hopes that it would work afterwards but it still has not. Is there something that I am missing?