Sign in to follow this  
Foogals (DayZ)

Watching a Helicopter Crash

Okay, so me and a buddy of mine were in Dolina. Looting and what not, looking for a vehicle. We were checking the large Warehouse just outside the town when suddenly *budabudabudabudabudabuda* I look up and see a helicopter fly over the roof of the building at (what I assume to be an excess of 300 Kmph) and crash across the road straight into the forest, with a subsequent 4 after-explosions killing the 2-4 survivors. The best part being that I was outside and watched the heliopter fly over and crash into the forest while my friend was inside looting. So after 3 minutes worth of laughing on my part, we finally go over and check out the crash. It's a goldmine, AS50's, M9SD's, Satchel Charges, 2 range finders, 2 NVs, 3 GPS's, two Coyote backpacks, and ammo to boot with a whole lot of other goodies.

Funniest thing I have ever watched in my entire life.

Here, have a shitty picture of it.

fDkY5.jpg

Edited by Foogals
  • Like 5

Probably hacked since choppers are removed

*budabudabudabudabudabuda*

*Realistic helicopter sounds*

There are no more choppers?! D:

*Realistic helicopter sounds*

Whaddya want? An .MP3 of the helicopter?

Edited by Foogals
  • Like 1

True story. Sorry about the picture quality, was pretty darn worried the people would hack themselves back to their corpses. Assuming they were hackers.

A few server still have them I think Texas 20 does still

A few server still have them I think Texas 20 does still

This was a 1.7.2.3 server though.

By the looks of it from the first picture, it looks to me like they were flying a whale instead of a helicopter. :D

Helicopters are being tested on 1.7.2.3 servers

Most Excellent! (if you're right)

*Air Guitar*

If that was US 700, I believe that was me. Except it didn't go exactly the way you described; I crashed due to Arma fucking up and my tail rotor slightly hitting the ground during landing causing an explosion. :(

Saw three choppers on US 52 yesterday. They are still around.

Edited by thunderpimp

If that was US 700, I believe that was me. Except it didn't go exactly the way you described; I crashed due to Arma fucking up and my tail rotor slightly hitting the ground during landing causing an explosion. :(

It wasn't US 700. And the crash was definitely not caused by arma messing up... Unless the pilot had input lag for like.. 30 seconds. Full speed into the treeline. It was pretty awesome. We're still talking about it! :lol:

Wish i saw a heli ( they can meet my m107). But have never seen one to date (In dayz).

Why were helicopters removed?
If you go place a chopper in the editor, along with a jeep hidden in a forest (say, at someone's secret campsite), then the chopper can pick up the jeep using it's radar fairly easily... which means that once you find a fuelled chopper, your friends can steal all the other vehicles on the server. Edited by ActionMan