rawmeat3000

Dying of Thirst or Hunger

I'd rather not test this, so I'll ask. How long does it take, after your water or food meter starts flashing to actually die? Is it instant or do I lose blood gradually until I die?

I recently logged into find myself very thirsty and with no water, and I'm hesitant to go looking for anything (even though I'm really near a town), so I'm going to rely on a friend to bring water to me.

Has anyone else died of thirst/hunger? How'd it go for you?

Once it is blinking red it takes at least a few minutes before you start taking damage. I would assume you lose blood gradually, but I do not know.

There needs to be more water sources. Going through 2 and a half towns and a military base and not seeing a single pump or pond or lake in miles makes me wonder how the hell a village with a supermarket can thrive without some god damned water.

Seriously.

Was disappointed that I couldn't fill my water flask at a lake

@Jeff

it wont say "drink soda"

it will still call soda water, its really just "drink the first thing in your inventory"

this

@Jeff

it wont say "drink soda"

it will still call soda water' date=' its really just "drink the first thing in your inventory"

[/quote']

Ah.

Well shit.

I'm an idiot.

After a few minutes, you'll start taking blood loss and the rest takes it's course. The whole system as-is though is quite silly:

- we eat and drink nearly 10x more than any human short of 300lbs could in a day

- somehow we eat while logged out, but magically it's not necessary since you won't die of hunger while logged out

(so why bother eating while logged out?)

The food cycle should be paused on log-out and resumed where it was on logging back in.

• Like 1

After a few minutes' date=' you'll start taking blood loss and the rest takes it's course. The whole system as-is though is quite silly:

- we eat and drink nearly 10x more than any human short of 300lbs could in a day

- somehow we eat while logged out, but magically it's not necessary since you won't die of hunger while logged out

(so why bother eating while logged out?)

The food cycle should be paused on log-out and resumed where it was on logging back in.

[/quote']

Gameplay > Realism.

The less stuff you have to find the less time you'll spend actually playing. Think about it, if you don't have to eat this much or you're good on food and water for a long time what do you have to do? Sit in a forest to get your time survived up or just PK.

this

you have to swim to fill your water flask at pool / lake (but you can drop some stuff by swiming)

this

you have to swim to fill your water flask at pool / lake (but you can drop some stuff by swiming)

Which is not working as intended.

In the sea you can fill it while only standing in the water,

That would be more convenient if we can fill our bottle near pool / lake as on the coast, and it shall be more realistic to be unable to fill your bottle at sea (drink sea water to survive? wtf...) and players have to search for water/soda instead of staying near the coast.

atm there are lots of drink to be found in towns but the problem is space, it would be much better if we actually could use canteen, refilling it in village's wells, lakes or ponds should add to atmosphere and overall feel of the game. maybe add charges to it if its even possible, would only take 1 space in bags have 3 charges but still be vital and important to pay attention too.

While I love this feature, I feel like it's way too fast. There is no way I become "starving" or dying of thirst THAT fast.

I just drank a WHOLE canteen or drank a sizable can of beans. I should be good for at least a day.

Once it has been blinking for a while you will start to lose 10 units of blood every 2-3 seconds.

Drop gear, swim into center of lake (must be deep), scroll, Fill Water.

Leave your bag on shore though, unless you want to lose it.

Oh and uhm, while you're swimming in the lake, make sure you throw some flares around and maybe like, shoot off your gun a few times, so uhm you scare away the eels...yeah eels.

There needs to be more water sources. Going through 2 and a half towns and a military base and not seeing a single pump or pond or lake in miles makes me wonder how the hell a village with a supermarket can thrive without some god damned water.

Seriously.

I wouldn't go inland until I've picked up at least one extra water bottle. Either acquire a map in-game, print one off, or break out the one provided in your Arma II Anniversary Edition (mwhaha!) and plan your route carefully by taking the lakes into consideration.

Thirst is at it's most dangerous when people forget it's a threat at all.

Carry 2-3 waterbottles that you refill often and water supplies are not much of an issue really.

Ofcourse having a map to find nearby ponds makes it alot easier, but there are certainly enough places to refill you bottles around.

Yeh you have to swim to refill them but if dont swim long, then the risk of loosing your gear is minimal. I've never had any problem with it really.