acebane

Spread The Word: Surrender Key

Never get close enough for that to be of us. If you have a gun, you can possible kill me. Therefor, i want your beans.

Haha, awesome Brew78! Glad this offered a solution to your suggestion.

@SnR any kind of punishment may detract from the bandit experience. There's "no honor among thieves" so, if there are some "honorable" bandits that spare their victims, that's cool but there's no rule in place to stop them from being mass murderers. The freedom to play the game you want to play is VERY appealing to all players who play this. Some ruin your experience sometimes, but hey - not much you can do about it lol. Look @ hackers who just go around shooting people for no reason at all other then to grief.

I am so tired of the freedom argument to support killing other players. This is a balance issue. If a person chooses to play as a friendly character the negative for them is they may be shot in the face. If you play as a character who shoots everyone in the face, the negative still falls on the other player. Idk seems like too big of a balance against reality. How many people in real life would just start running around the post apocalyptic world and blasting people in the face. Not many... some sure. Those people are known as crazy people. The negative for them is that they are crazy. Just saying...

/rant

• Like 1

surrender key for the win!! ^^ knew about it never thought about it, good call.

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE STICKY/PINNED!

Sorry for Caps ;)

Edited by JackPearce95
  • Like 2

Also could someone tell me some keys on the keyboard that aren't used by the engine/game, struggling trying to find a suitable one. Let me know what you guys use for the surrender key. Thanks

WHAT THEY SAID. plx. =p

I'm glad you guys feel it deserves a sticky.

If i'm being "robbed", i rather shoot the bandit and take my chances than doing this surrender thing. Teaching people how to make things easier to bandits? Hell no, it's already too easy for them!

Also i'm not here to be robbed, i have my share of being robbed occasionally IRL so i'll pass that, thanks!

Edited by Fenrig

Nicely done Acebane, you're helping out alot, didnt even knew you could surrender! :)

Edited by Demnish

Love Bump. Keep spreading!

I'd rather shoot myself in the face than surrender to bandits. Cool video though. Instead of disconnecting (which is lame), there should be an option to shoot yourself.

Lol, the whole point of bandits allowing you to surrender is so you can live. Shooting yourself in the face, well you might as well let them shoot you in the face then. :P

Love Bump! Spread the word! (watch video in first post)

I would rather grab my axe and run to the bandit and scream THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAA instead of doing the macarina dance ,

Imagine the bandit doing : Frag grenade Bitches! then the time i need to get my macarina dance off frag goes boom , and u will hear Haha i died

That key is only to make love to babies or to do a slurpy :)

Haha nice =)

I would of picked up the 50cal and given you a slug in the back of the head for taken my gun :P

Bump for Awareness

You need to promote this further. This is by far the most practical way for the system to determine whether someone is innocent or not. This could, when applied with other things that I currently cannot think off, cause 'bandits' to have a better thought process when they find there victim and possibly counter the OTT straight out murders we have atm.

Rocket read this thread!

Someone said it should be stickied lol. It really could change the way SOME bandits play if they know they can straight out say "put your hands up or I'll shoot". Makes it so survivors, if they care about their life, have a chance to comply or die. Problem with this though, it's dangerous for the bandit to take a chance and make the survivor aware of his presence. Many survivors just end up saying "I'd shoot you in the face because I'm a hero and a badass!". That's because in a game world, we all want to be the badass hero who isn't afraid of anything. So the bandit is now in a bad spot, he just announced his presence and he's in close quarters (Where they can simultaneously kill each other,due to lag) with his potential victim. Many bandits say, it's easier to loot a corpse than it is an alive player.

I can see both sides of the ordeal and at the end of the day, I think people using the surrender key will benefit the day z experience by a lot. Sure the bandit may not have such an easy time robbing people, but it's still do-able. It's expected to have some victims who won't give up their AS50 or L85AWS will try to shoot at the bandit. Suppose violence is the only way to deal with those people. So a little Surrender Key-Robbing and some violent approaches are necessary on both ends of the spectrum (survivor/bandit).

Here's a robbing of the Nicest player ever who was legitimately scared of dying and acted accordingly.

Edited by Acebane

I've had surrender bound since my first time playing DayZ. Useful for dancing and airing your pits out.