Sign in to follow this  
Rosseeles

Dilemma....

So after following advise when respawning I've been visiting Cherno to grab loot..however after dieing many times I gave up on that idea and on my latest spawn just went north straight away

This worked well, sneaking through small towns / barns I've netted a hatchet, some food a water bottle a pistol, matches, compass map and a knife, enough to get by

I've made it up to stary sobar and the town Side was dead, I had free reign in the supermarket getting a better bag, binos pistol ammo etc, so all was good...however now my dilemma

Whilst technically I could go off to the woods and survive nicely for a while, I've seen some vids of the military part of the town and the fact I have no main weapon only a pistol is tempting me to go there...however the videos of snipers in the area killing people are putting me off!!

I have no friends in game so am solo....do I make a run for the loot or make a run for the hills??

With a good start like that I'd just go heli hunting and pick up the first primary on the way North if I don't find a chopper fairly soon.

I would personally pass up the loot there until you have someone to watch you back. Though when I met up with my friend at Stary Sobor there didn't seem to be anyone around, we were tempted by the military stuff but eventually decided we weren't going to bother. Then again after that we immediately went to the NW Airfield and got fully kitted out without attracting the attention of any zombies/players. Really, you are going to have to decide if possible loot is more valuable that your 'life'. :P

I've only been to Stary Sober twice. The first time i just stumbled across it playing solo, i had no idea where i was actually going lol raided the tents and got the hell out of there. I never came under contact so i'm guessing i was just lucky because the second time me and a friend headed off to Stary Sober and within minutes of us being there, we was both dead haha. So from my personal experience that's 1-1 so i don't actually help your dilemma out here in the slightest but it's risk vs reward, you just have to decide which is more important.

Who cares. Making gear in DayZ is so easy. Go in Stary and loot it all.

If you get a good weapon, nice.

If you don't, nice too.

If you get killed, who cares? Go in Cherno and gear up again.