Sign in to follow this  
Gashed

This happened to my friend and I, because people can spawn in wherever they want.

That's really lame.

They just need to implement the 30 second DC timer, so if someone Alt-F4's, their body stays.

lol quit whining, I wish he had of killed your friend too. Fucking sitting in the starter area with high-powered snipers lol head north a bit you scrubs :P

There is an easy fix to this, making it so if you dc during shock (if you took any damage), you die and your body stay on the server you last where on.

lol quit whining, I wish he had of killed your friend too. Fucking sitting in the starter area with high-powered snipers lol head north a bit you scrubs :P

Can't you read? He was looting, I was providing overwatch.

Don't speak when not spoken to, else you'll sound foolish.

You are right but this is not possible!

It's a danger you have to accept and always be careful for dangers like spawns next to you. Soon they will fix the server hoping and fast dc so this problem will minimize.

You guys all have the wrong idea. Instead of adding a DC timer, just make it so bodies cannot be hidden by DCing or otherwise. Hiding bodies is not realistic.

• Like 1

Can't you read? He was looting, I was providing overwatch.

Yeah, you didn't do a good job.

Yeah, you didn't do a good job.

The guy spawned next to me, silently. Not a single footstep. THAT is the problem I'm addressing here.

You guys all have the wrong idea. Instead of adding a DC timer, just make it so bodies cannot be hidden by DCing or otherwise. Hiding bodies is not realistic.

Hmm, what do ppl with dead ppl in real life?

it takes a bit longer but YES they dig a hole and put them six feet under... or they burn them (should be faster).

So its realistic more or less.

Edited by Smithy

http://dayzmod.com/f...sting-feedback/ Is that similar to what you're suggesting?

Thanks for the link, that was very interesting! I don't agree with the premise whatsoever, but at it made me really like the idea or portable radio towers suppressing zombie spawns.

Solutions to Ghosting:

1) Disconnect timer (30-60 seconds)

2) NO DISCONNECT IF YOU ARE IN SHOCK

3) If someone uses a weapon within 100m of you, +10 seconds on your disconnect timer.

I believe all of those should be implemented. It would make the game oh so fresh.

I agree that hiding bodies is bad news, but while it's a feature I love hiding bodies that have high end loot that I won't use.... because nobody else will either!

Thanks for the link, that was very interesting! I don't agree with the premise whatsoever, but at it made me really like the idea or portable radio towers suppressing zombie spawns.

Solutions to Ghosting:

1) Disconnect timer (30-60 seconds)

2) NO DISCONNECT IF YOU ARE IN SHOCK

3) If someone uses a weapon within 100m of you, +10 seconds on your disconnect timer.

I believe all of those should be implemented. It would make the game oh so fresh.

idc about people who dc when they get fired upon, i just move away from that area asap!

they just have to make it that when you get killed and you disconnect your body stays on the ground for atleast 1-2 minutes.

I wish they would lock characters to servers, that way you can have multiple characters and server hopping is gone. Also, the disconnecting logout timer would fix the problem where people disconnect to avoid death.

It would also be interesting if they test out that when you logout your character pitches a tent or a sleeping bag and goes to sleep on the spot. You can be killed, robbed and eaten when you do this thus providing a more realistic survival mentality of having to find a location to disconnect safely. They could also add a feature taht allows you to enter one of the buildings that are not enterable and logout there as a safe house.

I dont know but I think this would be interesting and would be a solution to the disconnecting to avoid death and even people just appearing out of nowhere (ghosting) because you would be able to spot a sleeping player and know that he can spawn there if he logs in. I think that since this is an alpha, something like that should be tried out.

Edited by VISION305