Sign in to follow this  
james_foschi@hotmail.com

Damaged engine causing a car to explode in a fireball when starting it?

So we and my friends found a van drove it around for like 4 days we finally find some good fucking loot on a helicopter put it in diving away.... we had damaged the engine yeah orange colour so anyway we end up hitting something not too hard but it goes red. I thought what the hell go to drive and it fucking explodes when the engine starts up now in my experience this isnt fucking anyway remotely realistic the CAR WOULD NOT FUCKING EXPLODE fuck rage thread. bye good guns fuck life i dont understand

my suggestion make them just not work? now fucking explode so fucking pissed off fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

maybe. or it could just not start

Edited by mesmichael

That seems a bit over the top for a damaged car, maybe someone rigged it too explode ;), Or maybe the car is just designed to explode once it goes below a certain % of integrity.

The game can't always be super realistic. :)

Certainly it cant always be super realistic but this is blatantly idiotic and an obvious design flaw easily corrected with fifteen minutes of coding.

We had this happen to us on orange engine and we hit the smallest frigging bush thats still an object and it blew up.

• Like 1

It takes a very specific series of events in order for a vehicle to EXPLODE IN A BALL OF FIRE. The entire system is so Hollywood it's laughable.

True story: ATV randomly flips over. Engine is red. We leave it in the field. A few hours later another member of the group gets on it. He drives 3 feet and gets consumed by a fireball.

Moral of story: ATV's are deathtraps as are vehicles with damaged engines.

But, yay for bear traps!

Edited by nacrom

This one time, in DayZ, I found a tractor, when I got in and tried to drive, it exploded and killed me -.-

This one time, in DayZ, I found a tractor, when I got in and tried to drive, it exploded and killed me -.-

This is a lie i was with him! This is when we found the van he was passed out from the tractor exploding on startup, i walked down through some trees because i heared an engine.. foudn a parked van, got in drove back to DecayPirate and picked him up that was like 3 - 4 days ago.. we just picked a as50 up off a helicopter and a m249 saw, fuark bro 2 best guns in the game on one crached chopper spawn... gone.... spewing aye... it is a very stupid mechanic.

Certainly it cant always be super realistic but this is blatantly idiotic and an obvious design flaw easily corrected with fifteen minutes of coding.

We had this happen to us on orange engine and we hit the smallest frigging bush thats still an object and it blew up.

Maybe just learn to drive better!

at the end of the day dayz is a mod for a Arma2, go moan on BIS forums if its such a big deal

Maybe just learn to drive better!

at the end of the day dayz is a mod for a Arma2, go moan on BIS forums if its such a big deal

It's pretty obvious you don't have much experience with vehicles as this has absolutely nothing to do with your driving skill. Please go troll somewhere else.

As a ArmA series player since 2001 be VERY carefull with vehicles that isnt green.

It's pretty obvious you don't have much experience with vehicles as this has absolutely nothing to do with your driving skill. Please go troll somewhere else.

I would like to point out, I've been playing Arma2 since release. Unfortuately due to the game engine, cars and vehicles can blow up quite easily.