Mr Muggles

I'm afraid I've had to advise friends/family against this fine mod (why?)

Even sandboxes need to be tweaked from time to time as I mentioned earlier in this topic.

I somehow agree with your statement in that link's post. Current zombies are fast as hell but in small number. I'd prefer having slow to medium-speed zombies with double or triple current volume of zeds.

I'd argue that you are doing it wrong...Or you aren't learning from your mistakes.

If you go into a larger town/city looking for loot, you need to expect there to be bottom feeders there.

You need to use stealth, avoid any and all contact, avoid firing a weapon if you have one. Use the axe if you have one as it is quiet and you can stand your ground against zombies.

I haven't killed a single person since starting playing the mod a month or so ago and I am now one of the top survivors on the servers I visit. I have an M16, M1911, ALICE pack, plenty of food, water, ammo etc...

I rarely shoot my weapons. I conserve ammo for when I need it, and I try my best to never reveal my position to other, potentially unfriendly players.

Basically I am playing cautiously, using stealth, using situational awareness and most of all, trusting in my intuition.

If I feel a situation isn't worth the risk, I won't risk it. If I am going to loot a town/village and I hear gunshots near by, or see any strange activity, I will avoid it, or at very least make sure the coast is clear before making a move.

You can't just run into Elektro or Cherno, start looting and expect not to get shot by people suffering from mental deficiency. You should totally expect that, and act accordingly.

If you want an easier time looting you should make a break for the tree line, head inland and loot smaller villages there. Places where the meaningless conflicts don't tend to exist and it is much easier to avoid detection from other players.

so, and out of these 14.5 million deaths, only 2.1 million murders occured, which leaves 12.4 million deaths by zombies, bugs, people suiciding with broken legs/low blood and people spamming respawn on coast to get a better respawn point, Etc.

Slight amendment there. While I agree PvP isn't as wide spread as people claim, or even a problem, the stats are massively skewed, especially by people suiciding for a better spawn point.

Edited by Madfast

Just want to add some math about dayz deaths:

there have been roughly 15 million survival attempts so far.

subtracting the number of alive players right now, like 0.5 million

u have the number of deaths of all players ever, which is like 14.5 million.

so, and out of these 14.5 million deaths, only 2.1 million murders occured, which leaves 12.4 million deaths by zombies.

so, in conlusion: u only die every 6th time because of a player, and the other 5 times through a zombie.

and i personally think thats totally acceptable in a zombie-survival game, where everything is allowed.

You believe that BS stat :lol: I refer you to my earlier point about misleading. Zombies aren't killing players, players are and have been for months. That stat on the front page of this website is grossly inaccurate.

No one is dying from zombies, 1% maybe but most hit the disconnect button.

Edited by Mr Muggles