Sign in to follow this  
bluerising

Delay on disconnect.

I don't get how and why people are stressing over this issue so much, when there should be a ridicuously easy fix for it. I watched a interview where Rocket stated he could track "X" and "Y", but actually getting the numbers to work is a chore, but I still don't get why people are wanting to add such complex systems for something that can be a simple fix.

Delay on disconnect.

Have a ~30 second delay before you can fully disconnect. If you Alt-F4, your character remains in game for ~30 seconds before disconnecting.

This fixes everything and it shouldn't be that hard to add (as far as I know; coding is wizardry to me).

For first time in my gameplay, after I lost a 10 days gameplay gear by a hacker who nuked a whole server, I decided to give Cherno a try.

I managed to take down 7 players with an axe, 6 of them disconnected after the first hit/missing all the ammo magazine, the other one disconnected after suddently dieing with one hit and the corpse vanished with no time to loot. Is it really hard to fix?

Game can look fun but its totally ruined at the moment.

I know its alpha and that all history, but im pretty sure that fixing log out exploit is extremely easy compared to other things the mod has. Those big exploits should have preference to get fixed, who the fuck cares if a zombie is faster or slower? people is leaving the alpha and 2 games like this one (zombie, survival and massive player) are being released soon, with better engine and shits, probably before this mod even reaches the beta stage.

Edited by HalloweeNGT

Maybe not 30 seconds, but certainly 5-10 seconds.

5-10 seems too short. In that time you could easily run into a building and log without getting killed.

25-30 seconds forces you to stay in game. If you try to log with a disconnect timer that long, you'll be an easy kill trying to make a cowardly escape while your character hopelessly sits there waiting for the timer to go down when inevitably you know you're going to get a full mag of lead in between your eyes.

For overall logging, sure that is too long, but it shouldn't be hard to code a 10 second standard log time, but a 30 second one if you're shot, being shot, being shot around.