Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Moron

I need some clarification; Beta Patch and Six Updater.

I've purchased, downloaded, and installed Arma II and OpA from Steam successfully, gotten CO to work just fine. Now, I hear Six Updater/Launcher will automatically install and update the Beta patch I need for the lastest version of Day Z; but it isn't working. I get the dreaded "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine", caused by not having the beta patch installed correctly, or so the internet tells me. I've spent the better part of two hours trying to figure out what I did wrong, including searching these forums, which probably means the answer is stupidly obvious and I just flat missed it. Help me out?

• Like 1

I had the same problem, I fixed it by setting the launch option. If you don't know how to do that you right click Arma II: Operation Arrowhead and go to properties then click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." and type this in:

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

If that doesn't work i'm not sure what your problem is because I had the same error and it went away after doing this.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: If its because the beta is out of date or something try going to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ and downloading the latest patch.

Edited by Hairclamp
  • Like 1

I launch the game through six Updater (go to the mods tab and find DayZ then right click and go to umm actions i think then launch). If I launch through steam interface it gives me that same error.

• Like 1

I launch the game through six Updater (go to the mods tab and find DayZ then right click and go to umm actions i think then launch). If I launch through steam interface it gives me that same error.

Excellent, that worked. Hopefully I can figure out a less involved solution sometime. Thanks!