Sign in to follow this  
na82008

i looked and searched and no one had the same problem i do with 6 launcher

i'm new to day z and i just want to play for my first time, the game looks awesome, and i mean the real definition of awesome. but i have a problem....

when i try to join a server using 6 launcher it go to tank loading screen, on bottom it say waiting to load then sometimes screen goes black,(if it doesn't it automatically exit) when i exit a popup says "Bad serial number frum Setup" and i cant join ANY server.

please help me

Are you using the steam version ?

If so, run steam As Administrator, then run Arma II operation arrowhead, as you normally would.

Then exit Arma II and THEN run DayZ through Six or whatever method you prefer.

You don't have to do this every time, just the first time you launch the game (Arma II).

Edited by Psyl3nt

Are you using the steam version ?

If so, run steam As Administrator, then run Arma II operation arrowhead, as you normally would.

Then exit Arma II and THEN run DayZ through Six or whatever method you prefer.

i cant run arma 2 operation arrow head for some resin, at pop with a black bacround and a hole lot of randome letters appears and disapears and it dosn't work

• Like 1

The game isn't still loading is it ? (sometimes it is very slow). And you do need to run steam as Administrator before launching (run both arma II then arma II OA) once they have completed the setup (DirectX / BattleEye) then you "should" be able to run six launcher and run the game.

If none of that works, then try verifying the game cache in steam, let it download / fix what it needs to and start the whole process again.

This can be a pain in the ass to get working at first but once you do it's very worth it.

un fortunatly i cant do it right now i,m at a diffrent computer, can others give more tips just in case?

un fortunatly i cant do it right now i,m at a diffrent computer, can others give more tips just in case?

no, what he said is correct. If you're running steam version you MUST run Arma II and then Operation Arrowhead to install/associate the serial number w/ the software.

I am now having this problem I was having it before so I uninstalled the games updated my BIOS reinstalled ran both games just fine, installed the SIX launcher and updater. I was playing the games all night after that. I wake up this morning and I get the Bad Serial Number Given at Setup when i try to play DayZ or open OA

this was exactly what my problem was. Shutting down steam and right click "run as admin" then running both games seems to have fixed the problem....like he said :P Now to try the six updater..dun dun dunnnnn!

no i try ed, iv re installed both of them but its still not working

• Like 1

i just uninstalled arma 2, and im re installing it, iv already done this to OA 3 times cause i felt it was OA that was broken cause it wont let me play but maby it was Arma itself, iv had a few problems with playing it on its own. i'll get back but in the mean time if any one has and OTHER suggestions please leave it if this doesn't work

• Like 1

no more suggestions couse i still have the problem PLEASE