Sign in to follow this  
UsedQtip

DayZ Sniping story in Elektro.

Alright to set the scene.

I was running from Berezino to Elektro towards one of my all time favorite sniping positions when I noticed enfield shots from the fire station. I stopped, then proceeded to fire shots. Seen in this video.

After hitting the group of 3 survivors a couple of times they sprinted from the firestation towards the center of town. I tried to shoot at them and a couple bullets did land pretty close but they seemingly got away. I proceeded to my spot and took up new targets. I spotted a man with an AKM and a Coyote Backpack attempt to enter the church. He was met with a DMR bullet to the chest. Seen in this video.

A few minutes after killing the AKM man I spotted the same group that was at the firestation moving to the other firestation. I shot and proceeded to aim terribly at one outside the station! After killing one of the two survivors left, the other ran behind some buildings. The AKM man wasn't done yet however. He grabbed a buddy then attempted a counter attack on his body but all that he ended with was another 7.62mm bullet to the chest then a follow up shot to the leg.

• Like 4

The video of the AKM man's counterattack is found at

• Like 1

After moving from Elektro to Stary Sobor all I encounter on my travel is boars and rain. When I arrive I notice there are no zombies around.

A zombie spawns. I scan the horizon, I then spot a guy running into the front tents which are 188 meters away. I take the first shot, he passes out and doesn't disconnect (cheers to you).

He revives, proceeds to roll out of sight, and then once bandaged, serpentines towards where I fired my M24 round.

I panic! I shoot the zombie nearest that I aggroed and run to a bush a few meters back as Winchester slugs whiz through the air passed my head.

I switch to my M24 and deliver the fatal wound to my new murder.

By far the most intense and adrenaline filled firefight in DayZ to date.

• Like 1

Good job playing on wheelchair enabled servers with labels.

• Like 2

I just joined the server with the most people, I have rangefinders, trust me.

I just joined the server with the most people, I have rangefinders, trust me.

Nice to have one, but don't use it... or not knowing how to use ...

Nameplate Server - :facepalm:

• Like 1

After gathering my precious, stored, AS50 from my camp I loot a helicopter crash with the holy grail.

A L85A2 AWS.

I proceed to quickly make my way to Stary Sobor where I can put this gun to the test against the snipers camping the hillside.

Moments after arriving I check the thermal sights of my L85A2 AWS and spot my next two supposedly victims.

After two shots I perfect my zeroing and hit my victim in the leg. After some messing around in the editor, the distance of the shot was 965 meters away.

Video can be found here

This vid was better then all your others. Why? No nameplates, you had to search, you had to spot, you had to handle your scope right. Next time maybe switch position after first shot.

With a rangefinder or a good use of a range table (0.4m * 1000 / mildots for prone targets, but he was laying downwards the hill, so maybe 0.5 * 1000 / mildots, and I thought I saw 0.5 mildots in your vid, so 1000m next time for a save shot)

use your time, you had enough. Become a good sniper. Think of positioning... 450m Soundrange of Cal. 50. Lets take the formular of a circle.. A = pi * r² . So shooting a .50, A will be

0.636172 km2 ~= 636172 m2. Large area around you.

Sometimes I wish I have some claymores to save my back :)

• Like 1

Not much for a scene for this video. Just a crazy day in Chernarus. My brain is still recovering.

Video can be found here

This vid was better then all your others. Why? No nameplates, you had to search, you had to spot, you had to handle your scope right. Next time maybe switch position after first shot.

With a rangefinder or a good use of a range table (0.4m * 1000 / mildots for prone targets, but he was laying downwards the hill, so maybe 0.5 * 1000 / mildots, and I thought I saw 0.5 mildots in your vid, so 1000m next time for a save shot)

use your time, you had enough. Become a good sniper. Think of positioning... 450m Soundrange of Cal. 50. Lets take the formular of a circle.. A = pi * r² . So shooting a .50, A will be

0.636172 km2 ~= 636172 m2. Large area around you.

Sometimes I wish I have some claymores to save my back :)

Please remove one L from your name.

After dying to a hacker the night before (He had a Golden Revolver and 100 bullet holes in him) I spawn fresh in Otmel.

I run to the industrial shed nearby and grab an axe to have a weapon to defend myself against zombies.

As a joke I go check the hill overlooking Elektro and while I'm checking my phone I hear some movement.

I look to my left and spot a ghillied sniper about to shoot me with his M1911 sidearm.

I run up to the sniper and proceed to smack his face in with my axe.

Thanks for the gear again.

The rest is history, I'm back boys!

Video can be found here

It's not really sniping if you have to fire a bunch of times before you hit. It's just a gun fight through a scope at a range where your targets can barely identify where you are to shoot back. Just keep throwing lead until you hit something.

"Ohhh I HAD to of hit him then!" no you missed - repeatedly

Shooting at people regardless is an adrenaline rush. It's the risk of shooting and exposing your position.

Which servers do you play on? I would be happy to demonstrate proper sniping technique, I'll even give you a headstart

Edited by Bigtaff

*shoots fresh-spawn*

"ohh that was scary. That guy could've killed me".

Wow.

*shoots fresh-spawn*

"ohh that was scary. That guy could've killed me".

Wow.

Yeah it was the fact that I walked up to a guy assuming he was dead, and he wasn't. I'm just integrating Darwin's theory of "Survival of the Fittest" into DayZ.

Sitting in Elektro after sniping some people I get my leg broken and have no morphine.

As i'm crawling to the hospital I get mowed down by an AKM.

After respawning I run around doing various things, I find it funny. (Hopefully you do too)

Video can be found here

• Like 1

Sitting in Elektro after sniping some people I get my leg broken and have no morphine.

As i'm crawling to the hospital I get mowed down by an AKM.

After respawning I run around doing various things, I find it funny. (Hopefully you do too)

Video can be found here

i fraking found this funny as fuck dude! Why did the ghillie guy take so long to kill man? Keep posting these vids I love em, beans for you :D
  • Like 1

i fraking found this funny as fuck dude! Why did the ghillie guy take so long to kill man? Keep posting these vids I love em, beans for you :D

I think I was missing with my first couple hits, you can tell when your axe-ing someone because their gun will fly up toward the sky. And thanks for liking them, means a lot. People were asking me to do a Let's Play, should I?

• Like 1

Definitly loving the videos haha.

And perhaps you should start a lets play if it's not to much trouble.

Thanks for the support my man, and i'll do a pilot episode and see how the reception is.

I have added a new Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition let's play to my channel. Check it out @