Sign in to follow this  
Chupathingiy

Beta Patch bad cd key Steam

So I think I figured out the reason I keep not being able to play Day Z but I can't find a way to fix it. I play one steam but I can't get the Beta patch to run it keeps saying bad cd key I must have missed that before because it still says it patches but I noticed that in game the version doesn't change. So I need a fix for this Bad key error, I payed for the game just to play this mod I'm going to stab my self in the eyes if buying it on steam means I can't play for some weird reason X_X

It causes no problems. Thats not the issue but before we go on tell me this. When you go into the main menu does it say beta somewhere on the right side. It might also say expansions.

Try using the six launcher or Dayz commander.

Edited by Heineken

You are probably not running the beta .exe file just the normal file.

What are you launch options in steam? (right click ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead in steam, then select "Set Launch Options").

Edited by zq7

No the Beta patch will just not load it says WRONG CD KEY so it is not putting the patch to be able to play on the game.

It tells me that but I click OK and it works even though I got it from steam legit.

I got it from steam ligit O_o when I do it it says wrong CD key, SAYS it goes through then doesn't really patch.