Sign in to follow this  
DeltaElite121

First experiences (lengthy)

Well, I made it into town with my friend.. had a line on someone, but he didn't shoot back. Unfortunately, I had a broken leg from a zombie hit so we needed to find a hospital. This guy led the way there, and I followed. Honestly wasn't sure if he was trustworthy or not, but he didn't shoot when he had the chance so meh, whatever. Let's see what happens. He communicated he was also friendly and we had about a 2 minute brief talk about the hospital more or less.. he decides to join up with us and leads the way Finally (after FOREVER of crawling) we get to the hospital. Once we got there, I started getting swarmed by zombies. Joe (my friend) is helping me defend when all of a sudden Joe eats a bullet.. and obviously - I get one just as fast. Turns out he ran up into the hospital and sniped both of us out of spite. Initially pretty agitated because of the dick move (I don't care what some of you say about "in the real world ___" because that's honestly not accurate.. coming from a Criminal Justice field I can assure that). - I honestly wouldn't have been as peeved had he just blown us away right when he saw us.. but the fact it was all pre-meditated is just wrong, really. Obviously not everyone is going to be a "sportsman" about killing players, but griefers are always sad regardless of what game you play. Whatever, day two rolls around.

Round two. Today we're a little more cautious, and we're both avoiding other players (I've seen several and did not fire at them.. they had no idea I was there). Hit a small airfield, and I hear someone shoot nearby.. like within walking distance, so I tell Joe to be at the ready and I'll check it out. Lo-and-behold there's a guy sitting in a the bay next to us.. leaned out and watching as if he's waiting for someone. I crawl out towards the cover and get a straight shot at his backside. Joe gets into position beside the wall/corner and also lines up. I state "friendly, do not engage" ... he turns around (he was messing with his bag). He sees us. Couple of seconds go by.. nobody says anything because he didn't respond. This random guy cracks a shot off a Joe, and Joe hits the ground bleeding really bad. He follows off another shot and it hits the cover in front of me. I return fire with two Enfield rounds into him and send him to his maker. Had no intentions of shooting him, but that sealed the deal there. I then run over to Joe and patch him up with one of the blood bags we found at an earlier med station. Start digging through his stuff, and he's loaded... ALICE pack with an AK47, six mags, a revolver, seven .45 ACP mags, map, compass, binoculars, blood bags, food, etc.. the works. Not a bad find.. too bad he was a douchebag preying on newer players. I watch the deathlogs and it shows him dying about 5 times in a row. My guess is he was force spawning himself to get back to where he was at. Come to find out somehow Joe got credit for killing "the bandit" even though I plugged him.. heh.

Case and point? You don't need to shoot everyone you see.. they need to do something about the bandit system though, as I think it's inherently broken.. at least make it to where it lists which PEOPLE are bandits so I know which names to look at for. Something.

Either way, I think it's a fun game for what it is. We're out in the woods now avoiding the areas where snipers are known to lurk, but I think we'll be testing our luck soon at one of the airfields. My guess is we're going to need to clear it methodically, or we're going to end up bumping into a sniper and get taken. For an alpha - I'd say it's decent. Getting around to play it was a chore, but it was worth it. I'll continue playing. The only thing I DON'T like is the amount of PITA for vehicles. Hunting around for parts is probably realistic in some cases, but why send you all across the map for a car?? You'll probably die before you fix it.

Edited by DeltaElite121