UsedQtip

DayZ Sniping story in Elektro.

Alright to set the scene.

I was running from Berezino to Elektro towards one of my all time favorite sniping positions when I noticed enfield shots from the fire station. I stopped then proceeded to fire shots. Seen in this video.

After hitting the group of 3 survivors a couple of times they sprinted from the firestation towards the center of town. I tried to shoot at them and a couple bullets did land pretty close but they seemingly got away.

I proceeded to my spot and took up new targets. I spotted a man with an AKM and a Coyote Backpack attempt to enter the church. He was met with a DMR bullet to the chest. Seen in this video.

A few minutes after killing the AKM man I spotted the same group that was at the firestation moving to the other firestation. I shot and proceeded to aim terribly at one outside the station! After killing one of the two survivors left, the other ran behind some buildings.

The AKM man wasn't done yet however. He grabbed a buddy then attempted a counter attack on his body but all that he ended with was another 7.62mm bullet to the chest then a follow up shot to the leg.

• Like 8

The video of the AKM man's counterattack is found at

• Like 5

Will do, I'll make sure the next one is in Stary. PM when it's up.

I rather enjoyed watching your content. I, too, think it would be pretty cool for you to attempt the same thing done here in Stary.

• Like 1

Awesome, glad to know people like the stuff im recording. Going to grab a M24 tonight, can't snipe worth shit with the DMR, too use to the AS50.

The AS50 is really nice, have you tried the NEAF or overlooking Berezino? You are more likely to find some better players with good gear there.

• Like 1

I'd love to find a DMR, never seems to come up though. I find plenty of magazines for it everywhere I go.

I do most of my killing with a Lee Enfield, picked off two guys this morning in Elektro outside the far Fire Station at ~500m with it. Seriously undervalued gun for downing other players.

Theres just something really enjoyable about sniping in this game.

• Like 1

After moving from Elektro to Stary Sobor all I encounter on my travel is boars and rain. When I arrive I notice there are no zombies around.

A zombie spawns. I scan the horizon, I then spot a guy running into the front tents which are 188 meters away. I take the first shot, he passes out and doesn't disconnect (cheers to you).

He revives, proceeds to roll out of sight, and then once bandaged, serpentines towards where I fired my M24 round.

I panic! I shoot the zombie nearest that I aggroed and run to a bush a few meters back as Winchester slugs whiz through the air passed my head.

I switch to my M24 and deliver the fatal wound to my new murder.

By far the most intense and adrenaline filled firefight in DayZ to date.

Video can be found here.

• Like 6

I didn't even think of that! Now I know for my next video.

• Like 1

Always funny to see someone use the Roll like that, and the Serpentine, I'd be lying If I said I'd never done that one before.

Just one question, why did you remain with the Makarov when he had the revolver and plenty of ammo to go with it? Revolver ammo is almost as common as Makarov, and the greater accuracy and one shot kill seems like a no brainer.

• Like 1

That Makarov (or Macaroni as I call it) have been through a lot together, I can't just through her out when something new and shiny comes along.

Thanks man, means a lot to me. Trying to get some footage to upload today.

After gathering my precious, stored, AS50 from my camp I loot a helicopter crash with the holy grail.

A L85A2 AWS.

I proceed to quickly make my way to Stary Sobor where I can put this gun to the test against the snipers camping the hillside.

Moments after arriving I check the thermal sights of my L85A2 AWS and spot my next two supposedly victims.

After two shots I perfect my zeroing and hit my victim in the leg. After some messing around in the editor, the distance of the shot was 965 meters away.

Video can be found here

• Like 2

Another pleasant vid, you just need be better at judging your ranges man! Time that shot too! I want to see want shot one kill in your next vid :)

• Like 1

On top of judging range better, you need to disable post processing so you don't get that ridiculous blur when moving your view and if you haven't already disabled mouse accel and smoothing, you should. Good vids in any case.

In-game open the menu and go to Controls > disable mouse smoothing. In Documents\Arma 2\arma2oa.cfg change GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000; to GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

Edited by Huuwap

I changed my settings, traded my M24 last night for a rangefinder. Should be some one shot one kill videos coming up.

'didnt quite get the ranging right on the first 2 shots' ... thats becasue you dont snipe, you shoot at stuff with a scope, nothing more

the first video your using the 600 meter mil to hit a target 550 meters away and your at elevation meaning you have to fire low to compensate for elevation and fire low becasue of mid mil range, not fire long ... -_-

why do you need a range finder for a 1 shot kill? it has a sniper scope so it has a built in range finder. you dont need the editor to check ranges later, thats what your scope and simple mental arithmatic are for

Edited by stuffnthings
  • Like 1

Ok, after watching your video I could be wrong but a quick tip to make your kills smoother if you didn't know. Most players know holding down the right mouse button zooms in the AS50's scope along with a few other ARMA rifles. Well funny enough your right mouse button holds your breath also, its double mapped default**. I for one hate that. Re-map hold breath key to something else. Mines left-shift cause you cant sprint and have your eye to the scope. Now if you do as I do and it turns the button red in the Key bindings screen in CONTROLS its ok it will still work just ARMA's way of saying its double mapped. I could be wrong but i noticed the last shot you took you didnt hold breath "figured you still have it double mapped with zoom in". If this works I want a video of you counter snipeing a bandit for me. G/L!

~RyBo~

~Elektro Police Dept.~

(I only watched the first two videos)

So I don't want to critize you, but playing on a server with enabled name-markers (so that you see the range) is kind of lame.

Try a server without range then it's more of a challenge. :)