Sign in to follow this  
moofactory

In the future, electro and churno are history!

China, then Youtubers wouldn't even try to read the road signs. Chinese Youtubers excepted anyway.

he can definitely make hios own maps, he can also take any of the other maps and make dayz compatible on them, it just takes time.

i would like to see a huge city in the middle of the map, a downtown core, and neighborhoods surrounding it in a varying pattern, maybe a map spanning river cutting through it, a couple highways through it, and some ravines and treed areas throughout.

then. have small towns, the size of cherno or electro around it, one to the north, one to the south and one on eith er west or east. seperated by about 10 km of trees/farmland.

if the 550 km ^2 thing is true, this would be easily done (aside from making the actual map) however the game would need to support 100 or so players rather than the 50 it is at.

as for terrain, it really isnt any different than anywhere in north america. especially if they do a weather system including winter, and make a winter season last several days if not weeks. or god forbid, the entire winter year on the server.

• Like 1

Chernarus is not Russia, it is "a fictional post-Soviet country", however it is created from satellite images of the area of real world České Středohoří, in Bohemia in the Czech Republic where Bohemia Interactive is actually located...

Edited by S1ippery Jim

Love to see the same kind of map layout maybe like 1.5-3x the current size with some more aquatic areas(a few big islands), bigger cities and more sheer cliff areas with small paths through or around them.

i say rocky mountains :3

would be amazing... just saying

Edited by Digital Scene

The Russian fits with the theme... American washed up on a distant shore after a boat crash...

I take it you're american?

I often wonder why when they remake good international films, they also plonk an "american mysteriously washed up on the shore of Chernarus", and it seems americans have such limited imagination that they can't get into any fiction unless it specificially involves them. I'm english and have no issues with game settings or characters that aren't familiar.

shame.

I heard that they were going to update chernarus, expand the borders as it isn't an island. hopefully replace many of the assetts, replace the buildings with all enterable ones. Maybe even expand cherno and electro to meet in the middle and make one huge city.

However, part of dayz is the exploration, and if we continue to play on the same map in the year to come boredom will follow. So I hope they provide a choice of maps. Maybe you could move to the end of the map and spawn in a new adjacent map? Somewhere land locked in Southern Russia maybe?

As an Australian,

there is something about the outback that I find is just both beautiful and absolutely terrifying.

If you've seen Wolf Creek, then yeah you know what I'm talking about.

Queensland, Adelaide or Perth would be a great setting.

Edited by Red_Sky

If there was a skyscraper city.. Omg.. the possibilities..

Just picture the Sniper war between to scrapers... And watching the zed flow in to the bottom chasing the sounds looking for there next piece of meat.

Or Running around attracting zed and pulling them in to a narrow street where your friends wait with LMG's chopping them down... Sweeet.

PLEASE give us a GIant city to play in.. and a Freaking HUGE map... with atleast 100+ players.. :-)

Thinker.

Why were we in Russia to begin with?

We weren't

• Like 1

I've read that it took a BIS development team an entire year to make Chernarus. Large maps are not as easy to come by as many people seem to think.

We weren't

Eh, I kinda knew it wasn't in Russia but it was the only reference that popped in my head at the time. I was also generalising.

Edited by moofactory

I'll take Chernaurus again, but let's have it on the Frostbite engine and with current-gen graphics, eh? :) Too bad my pooter wouldn't be able to handle it.

Would be totally unrealistic. The Antarctica is a very harsh environment. The average man would probably perish within a few hours there. There's a reason why it's been uninhabited for most of history.

I personally like the Russian setting. It's the few times where my 3 semesters of Russian language in college are actually paying off, lol.

Wooooooooooooosh.

Antarctica would be a very cool setting.