Sign in to follow this  
ndelia57

Just Ordered a new PC, give me your opinions!

AMD FX-8150 CPU (8x 3.60GHz/8MB L2 Cache)

Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB - Single Card

1000 Watt - Standard

1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive-orig

Should've gone with a maximum of 850w

500w, with the right maker, is more than enough.

16GB Ram is a bit overkill, depending on what you intend to do, youäre ifne with 8GB.

Edited by Distinction

So you got one from iBuyPower... eh pre-built systems aren't as fun imo, and im terms of IBuyPower they overcharge on memory.

Not a big fan on zambezi over a cheaper/ older phenom, Perf/watt is too low, but its not a bad cpu by any stretch, and does pretty good on liquid, which you got.

7770 is kinda of an odd card, i see a lot of people either go for a 6850 or a 7870 lately.

lack of any kinda ssd is somewhat of a downer, even if just a small one for boot/OS drive can have very tangible results.

But overall not a bad system, not what I would build but it could be a lot worse, should run DayZ fine at high.

Edited by Stevethewalrus

I dont want to break your good hopes but so much cpu power with multi-tasking abilities but almost no 3d/gpu power in that build. 16gb ram and some other parts are nonsense. you could easily build a better pc for gaming purposes but im not sure maybe you like it to be like this.

Edited by hazedaze

Not needed post.

Edited by NDElia57

why downgrade? i dunno why everyone is crying telling you its 'overkill' when it comes to arma 2, or when arma 3 comes out...nothing is overkill. keep the original specs! is over twice the spec of my comp and mine runs it relatively well at 1080 but looks like your system will run it pretty f*cking well! i have 3.2 I5 quad core, 8gb (cheap) RAM, and a 6770, and i did the hardware comparisons online and the 7770 is pretty much 200% better than my card

why downgrade? i dunno why everyone is crying telling you its 'overkill' when it comes to arma 2, or when arma 3 comes out...nothing is overkill. keep the original specs! is over twice the spec of my comp and mine runs it relatively well at 1080 but looks like your system will run it pretty f*cking well! i have 3.2 I5 quad core, 8gb (cheap) RAM, and a 6770, and i did the hardware comparisons online and the 7770 is pretty much 200% better than my card

Thanks for being positive!! I only downgraded my ram to 8gb because I figured, fuck I can upgrade if I need it. Kept the 1000 watt to know my computer wont blow, and I even upgraded the GPU to a AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB - Single Card.

It'll be here in a week and a half, cant wait to play!!!!

Edited by NDElia57

Forget the FX-8150 and go for an i5-2500k setup instead.

You'll need to change the mobo too if you decide to go for an i5 over amd.

If you can afford it I'd recommend a GTX670 as your gpu and a good SSD. Arma2 likes SSD's :)

Thanks for all the help everyone, but I think the computer I ordered will be just fine :)

• Like 1

good work upgrading to 7850. now you have a monster gaming build :D

good work upgrading to 7850. now you have a monster gaming build :D

Thanks for your help!!