Sign in to follow this  
andb52

Server hopping bannable?

Hello all. Is server hopping bannable?

Thanks!

I go on the assumption that you'd kill them if they didn't server hop, and so I treat it the same as if they disconnect to avoid death (exploit)

• Like 2

NO!

Read some of the stickied topics please.

The only reason to ban someone is racist talk or disrtuptive behavior. Or outright cheating (running scripts that spawn items)

Now, if this player is ghosting (using server hopping to move positions and kill players) you could ban him from your server, as that is an outright exploit. But there are plenty of legitimate reasons to server hop, and I have never seen a rule anywhere calling it an exploit

Now, if this player is ghosting (using server hopping to move positions and kill players) you could ban him from your server, as that is an outright exploit. But there are plenty of legitimate reasons to server hop, and I have never seen a rule anywhere calling it an exploit

Server hopping during combat (ghosting as mentioned above) to get an advantage is bad, but server hopping by itself isn't necessarily so. For example, three friends and I recently migrated a lot of stuff to a new server and we logged in/out probably a dozen times in the course of 30-45 minutes to move items from tents on a different server to tents on the new server. We really need our own server, but for now we're diversifying to several servers due to how unstable some servers are at times and other servers that just disappear.

• Like 1

In before "there's no rules" "it's a sandbox" and "there's no 'right' way to play this mod" posts.

All of which are bullshit. No, really. Except the first one. There's no rules apart from no racism? Yeah whatever. How about tossing in a few rules then? Start with the premise "you have no legitimate reason to server hop while camped in buildings like the NWA barracks." You do it for loot? bitch please. Loot doesn't spawn if you log on inside a building. So stop lying. You're only server hopping there in the hope of catching some other player unaware and get a cheap faggy kill.

There's no right way to play the mod? Are you shitting me? There sure as shit are some wrong ways. Ghosting. Server hopping looking for players either in buildings or in towns you have an overwatch on, You think that's the "right" way to play? I think you're a moron for even expecting me to swallow such unmitigated bullshit. It's cheap, It's cowardly and it's pathetic and you know it. It's a fleas dick above running outright hacks.

In what way are you part of some ooh la la hardcore survival realism flavoured zombie apocalypse if you're switching servers every five minutes? Ever last motherfucker camping the North West Airfield or Stary tents who hasn't seen a survivor for five minutes, who then logs onto another server, waits another attention-deficit-disorder indicating period of time before server hopping again, getting a kill on the guy who has two friends on overwatch and just spent 30 minutes casing the place on the server you just logged into, then switching servers yet again, I'm talking to you. You're fucking the game for people who actually want to play it properly. GTFO you candy ass cheating little bitches, and fuck your "there's no rules" bullshit.

Ban server hoppers? I'd rather stab them.

/rant

Edited by datguy