22 members have voted

1. 2. Would you prefer DayZ to be more of a Simulator or Video Game?

• Simulator, anything goes.
    • Video Game, I'd at least would know who the bandits are.

This is sort of in response to this Thread. What if DayZ was a stand alone game? Would it meet your expectations? Maybe even blow them away? What would the world of DayZ be in your imagnation?

I know if I were to play DayZ stand-alone, it would have to have a way to differentiate friendly from foe. Even though it takes away from the intensity to find out who you can trust, there is no real way to make any friend's in this game. Cause the only friend's you would have are one's that you already made. How else would you bring a new player to this game and keep them playing your game?

I would also like to have that feeling of moving forward and goal's. Survive, is a great goal but I'm playing a video game. I am already trying to survive in the real world. Maybe save a random group survivors being attack by bandits or the undead? Where the hell I'm I suppose to be going?

Everything I'd do in DayZ would have to matter and maybe somehow effect the entire world of DayZ.

Weapons, armor, clothes. Tons of tons of tons OF TONS different kinds of them.

It would have to be ONE entire server. If your going to make a large map I'd like to encounter of bandits patrols or camps. And Friendly's.

Hint's to a story. I love the mystery of not knowing what the hell is going on but I would like to be teased once in awhile to maybe I am getting close to find the source of all this or my purpose of this world.

A epic landscape that would never end. Most the time's movies of the dead take place in city's. It would kinda have to be like 28 weeks later, one point your in the vast landscape of farm land's and forest then your in the main city of Great Britain/Moscow/Los Angeles.

Cave's, I dunno it would be just cool to be in some dark creepy cave you happen to find while wondering around. Never really seen this in any game besides skyrim.

A epic spooky soundtrack/background music along with some sweet ambiance.

No HUD display or 3rd person view.

I know most of these idea's sound more of a video game and DayZ is suppose to be more of a simulator. But who's to say how this is actually going to happen this way.

Those are just a few of things that come to mind. If DayZ did become a stand alone game I would have to be suprised and it would have to kill my expectation's. DayZ is a general concept that has been around since the movie's. It just hasn't been done in a video game and shaping a world of the undead would probably endless and have to consist of the world we live in now. I dunno what are your some of your idea's?

Edited by Cloak

It needs to be stable before it goes stand alone.

Disappearing items, duplicated tents (and items), hackers scripting and creating vehicles not in DayZ, general instability of servers and so on.

Exploits, bugs, security flaws need to be fixed before I'd purchase it. Already paid for Arma 2, not down to dish out more money unless there's vast improvements.