Sign in to follow this  
copper2010

Cigerette lighters, read on, better suggestion then you may think.

Now before someone jumps on this and says, " FOR FUCK'S SAKE WE DON'T NEED CIGARS IN THE GAME!!!" read this, then respone.

As far as I know, a box of matches in real life isn't infinite. So why is it in DayZ? My suggestion is to keep matches, but also add lighters. Lighters would provide infinite amount of fire creatings, while matches would provide a limited amount ( maybe about ten lights). Of course, lighters would be a rare find, around the same as the AK-74.

I hope some people like this suggestion, and yes, I know my grammer is bad. It is the internet, get use to it you grammer nazis ;).

• Like 3

I don't know if you have ever handled a lighter but, they are far from infinite. They don't run off air. They need igniter fluid. Also the box of matches displayed in the game contains around 250 matches in real life.

So you don't want a box of matches to be infinite but you want a lighter to be????

"In Real Life" Lighters have a limited number of lights. So no your Idea does not keep it "realistic".

Edited by The Brehmis

Hey, I like the idea of strolling around town smoking a stoogie looking for trouble. That way I could say badass one-liners and leave a trail of bodies, shell casings, and cigarette filters as a testament to my Badass-ery. But seriously though, this is like the upteenth million time this has been suggested.

A lighter needs electric power or something else to power it...

Have you ever seen a lighter before in your life. Google Bic.

Have you ever seen a lighter before in your life. Google Bic.

Derp there are also electric ones >.<

And there can't be an infinite amount of some fluid...

Derp there are also electric ones >.<

And there can't be an infinite amount of some fluid...

If you would read other posts you would know what I already said.

So you don't want a box of matches to be infinite but you want a lighter to be????

"In Real Life" Lighters have a limited number of lights. So no your Idea does not keep it "realistic".

Edited by The Brehmis

Hey, I like the idea of strolling around town smoking a stoogie looking for trouble. That way I could say badass one-liners and leave a trail of bodies, shell casings, and cigarette filters as a testament to my Badass-ery. But seriously though, this is like the upteenth million time this has been suggested.

lol, I checked the search bar before I made this post, no results came up. And yea guys, I know lighters aren't infinite either, but they last a lot longer then matches....I think ;). Maybe you could re-fill them, idk, I don't smoke. Keep leaving beans and replies though!

A lighter needs electric power or something else to power it...

Electric lighter, eh?

Also, why put this in? How will this effect the game? :\