Ek Vitki

Paired spawning

This is a fairly straightforward idea, and I don't believe it'll unbalance the game or break the realism this game strives for:

Spawning in pairs.

I play with a friend of mine, but the majority of our time spent is put into finding one another and dying of thirst in the process, rather than actually going out and surviving.

I think there should be a feature where, when you pick your gender when you spawn, you should be able to view the list of players, and make a request to another player that is also spawning to spawn together in the general area of one another. The other player can accept or deny this request, so that you don't have random strangers spawning with you, but for those who want to start together, it's an alternative to running across the shores for an hour. If one player is still alive, or is still loading the game, the request will force the asking player to wait to spawn until the other player has reached the gender select screen, or until the request is cancelled by the requester.

This would be limited to pairs, no group larger than 2 players can spawn together in the same area.

And in a disaster of any nature, survivors aren't always isolated, you often have groups of people, so spawning in pairs doesn't really conflict with the disaster survivor role you're put in when you play this game.

Please post any thoughts and comments.

• Like 2

I like this idea, great suggestion and I don't see how this would break the game. +1

Fantastic idea. It would also lessen the need for out-of-band comms after spawning, which would let players play in a more realistic way.

Personally, I don't like this, half the fun and exhileration is being able to figure out how to survive on your own, find other players on your own, nivigate on your own. This creates a whole slew of skills that are better than the false illusion of group safety.

Personally, I don't like this, half the fun and exhileration is being able to figure out how to survive on your own, find other players on your own, nivigate on your own. This creates a whole slew of skills that are better than the false illusion of group safety.

Each to their own of course but I don't see the fun in spending 40 minutes running along the coast to find each other only to die of thirst. Just because you spawn with one other person doesn't mean you don't have to learn to survive.

+1 This is a good idea, as someone mentioned who enjoys spending 40 mins trying to meet up with a friend who may then get killed before you get to him. At least starting off with a friend you dont have to worry about

him shooting you in the back or if only one weapon is found to be betrayed as you might with a stranger. Also it can take the sting a bit out of dying if you know that a friend who also died is able to restart with you.

I dont know whether to have it limited to only pairing with one other friend? or the max limit being 3 or 4?

If pairing up with friends becomes common practise (which i would be surprised if it didnt) may make some lone bandits think twice about attacking a pair or group of players (unless all unarmed) likely the group or pair

are friends who might use Teamspeak, they will be more watchful and work better together than strangers who may run off at first sign of trouble or betray while everyone is distracted etc.

Since its very hard now to have two strangers run into one another and make peace, you dont have time to type and even if there is a moment of hestiation there is always the fear the other player doesnt trust you and one of them fires first (esp. if he has been PK alot in the past) In the early days i did have some peaceful confrontations and joined up with another player, but now with sidechat removed and pk is more of a given its very hard to expect to come across another player and make friends. Especially where there seems to be more incentive to kill players for loot than having to look for it themselves.

I chose 2 players, because there is no way that spawning with 2 will unbalance the game. I would go 3 at the most, only because, if the groups get larger, they might pose a threat to players who do not spawn with a group, or who spawn with a smaller group. If you have a clan of pkers that spawn together, they'll potentially be able to acquire weapons faster and kill others who are also just starting out. Lone banditry might go out the window with this, or in the least be reduced, but group banditry might be promoted as a result of it.

Absolutely fantastic. Much better than hitting re-spawn a million times to end up with a friend.