Sign in to follow this  
RapturJesus

Is there anyway to help reduce my lag?

It may just be my internet as my internet provider has always been.. shitty.. to say the least. I wont give the name as I dont want to slander (Its US Sonnet).

I was wondering if there was anyway to help reduce my lag. I join servers with low ping and in the lobby it usually shows that I have 30-50ms. However after playing for, lets say 10 minutes, I get that choppy lag and I go to see what my ping is and its usually somewhere in the range of 120 to 175.

I even put the quality on very low and it doesnt help my lag at all. Is there any way to help improve my lag? I have an ASUS laptop if that helps any.

It may just be my internet as my internet provider has always been.. shitty.. to say the least. I wont give the name as I dont want to slander (Its US Sonnet).

I was wondering if there was anyway to help reduce my lag. I join servers with low ping and in the lobby it usually shows that I have 30-50ms. However after playing for, lets say 10 minutes, I get that choppy lag and I go to see what my ping is and its usually somewhere in the range of 120 to 175.

I even put the quality on very low and it doesnt help my lag at all. Is there any way to help improve my lag? I have an ASUS laptop if that helps any.

I will help you.

Ping is varying in different game.

I would suggest you to keep the following instructions while playing online game.

1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.

2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager

3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.

4.Move closer to server

I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check whether it's your ping is reduced or not using Whoisxy.com

120-175 isn't that bad. There are no servers here so I have to play on EU servers with 150 ping and I don't have any problems. Have you considered switching ISPs if you're having problems with them though?

If the game feels choppy then that's probably a performance issue caused by your laptop's hardware and not your internet connection.