Sign in to follow this  
Sandwichx

RP-Esque, Small Survivor Group

I know there are plenty of other "small survivor" groups out there, but I wanted to start my own, since I have a specific idea of what I want. When I say RP-esque, I don't want it to be an RP. I want people who are willing to play a role they give themselves. So, instead of picking up that M107, you keep your Lee Enfield. I want players who are willing to stay with "low-tier" equipment on purpose. It makes the game more interesting, in my opinion, and it makes it more difficult. For example, I am using only a hatchet and a revolver. I want a group of 3-7 guy/gals who want to work together and live off the land, per say. We can raid towns for supplies, and explore the world. Currently, and I would like to keep this going, I live off of mostly cooked meat and water. If I'm in a town, and I find a can of beans, of course I'm going to take it, but I try to stay away from Coke and Pepsi unless I'm dying for a drink. My policy on interacting with other players is to limit it. If I'm grouped with you, you will be my best friend, but if not, you are a threat. That doesn't mean you have to die, but it does mean I am keeping my eyes on you. I would like other people in my group to adopt this idea as well. Other players don't have to be shot. Offering "friendly" first is always an option. If you think they truly are a threat to the group, don't hesitate to kill them, but I don't want people with itchy trigger fingers. And obviously, if they shoot first, you are always justified in killing them. My policy on cars, is that, if we decide we need one, we can get one, but I don't to horde cars. We can get a vehicle that holds all of us, or we can get two cars, but there would be no need for like five cars. I want to set up a small camp area, but I don't know where yet. I'm relatively new to the game, so I don't know good camp locations that won't get raided. I have a tent on my character right now, so we can set that up ASAP.

If you would like to join me, please, let me know. I would like to talk over Skype or Teamspeak or Mumble or whatever. I have no experience setting up Teamspeak or Mumble servers, so if someone else can do that, that would be great. Let me know that would want to join, either by posting here or PMing me, and I will PM you my Steam name, and then we can talk about getting started on things. I want this to happen soon, because this is the first tent I've had, and I don't want to lose it, so I'm afraid to log in until we get this set up. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Sandwichx

I started playing not to long ago, doing the whole lone wolf thing is fun but not without some drawbacks. I am looking for some trust-worthy people to watch my back, and I will do the same for them. I am tired of being taken advantage of by bigger groups just because of raw fire power. I'm down with doing some accurate raiding and killing. (To those that shoot first of course.)

Watch out SandwichX... this sounds like something that bandits might try to get you with, you are saying you have low fire power because of your pistol and axe only and you have some decent items at least because you have a tent... I am not trying to mock your play style it sounds cool but just be aware of who you let into this group because this sounds like at least one person is going to try to take advantage of you :P

I started playing not to long ago, doing the whole lone wolf thing is fun but not without some drawbacks. I am looking for some trust-worthy people to watch my back, and I will do the same for them. I am tired of being taken advantage of by bigger groups just because of raw fire power. I'm down with doing some accurate raiding and killing. (To those that shoot first of course.)

So you want to join? I just to make sure you understand that what I want isn't about getting the best stuff in the game. It's about using the not-so-best stuff to survive.

Watch out SandwichX... this sounds like something that bandits might try to get you with, you are saying you have low fire power because of your pistol and axe only and you have some decent items at least because you have a tent... I am not trying to mock your play style it sounds cool but just be aware of who you let into this group because this sounds like at least one person is going to try to take advantage of you :P

I had already thought of this. I will take precautions against this. And, I know that in-game there isn't much I can do if I'm hunted down a bandit, but I don't really care. If a bandit wants to take the time to kill me for a tent, that is his fun. I actually enjoy starting over and finding new weapons and items, and since I only use "low-tier" stuff, it doesn't take too long to get it all back.

Yes, I will enjoy joining up with you and other people. Also, about not getting the best loot is okay with me considering I get killed a lot. I've learned having more ammo of a lower tier gun is better then an m16 scoped with just half a clip left in the gun. My goal is to have fun and last longer then 35minutes without hiding in a ditch waiting to bleed out because of a broken leg.

I'd like to rekindle this group. Message me for information. Since the last post, I have died and lost my stuff. Several times, actually. But that's okay. It just gives us a better experience. We can all start from the beginning together. We can all respawn with nothing and work together to try to survive. If you're interested, again, please message me for information.