iconoplast

Dedicated Side Arm Slot or Pistol/Axe/Crowbar Slot

EDIT ; TITLE SHOULD BE - DEDICATED SIDE ARM SLOT or PISTOL/AXE/CRWOBAR SLOT in your TOOLBELT

It doesn't make as much sense to me that you can carry a hatchets and all these tools and not a simple side arm on your toolbelt in holster. In fact where does the pistol go when you switch to your primary? Maybe in your primary slot, but I don't think you are slinging a pistol on your back.

Also, if you have a full pack you can't just switch to your axe without dropping your pistol.

One of Two Suggestions Present Themselves:

1) So I would suggest either having a dedicated holster for the pistol (i.e. still allow you to only carry one pistol and one slot in your main toolbelt) - i.e. add one. You can not carry more than one pistol there, so you can't have one in your hand and one in the slot.

2) Have a slot for Pistol/Hatchet or Crowbar. The way I envision this working is it puts your pistol there to start, if you have your pistol in your hand, when you pick up a hatchet, it goes there. You can toggle between the pistol and the hatchet for instance, when you need to without having to put your pistol in your backpack.

Edited by iconoplast

There already is a dedicated sidearm slot, and if you want to use a hatchet you put it in the primary slot. You already can toggle between pistol and hatchet.

TO clarify, what I mean is in your toolbelt, If I want to switch to my hatchet, I need to move my pistol to my pack, otherwise i can always move my axe to my belt, but what happens with the pistol?

I am suggesting a slot where either the pistol OR the hatchet are stored when not in your secondary weapon slot.

I guess I want a way to keep your side arm, main and axe and use them all without using a gross amount of inventory space.

Edited by iconoplast

What about the introduction of pistol holsters that you can find or somekind of sheath to carry your hatchet in?

Either and or would work, the goal is to be able to use all 3 weapons (side/main and melee).