Sign in to follow this  
Domeboybeene

Bad Serial Number

Hey, I am new to Dayz and I decided to get the mod because it does look damn awesome.

Only problem is, I can't seem to get it to work. Something to do with a 'Bad Serial Number' when I run the game from my Six Launcher. I've tried quick match and manual selection but I always get the same notification after the picture of the military base pops up. If someone could help me out with this minor hitch I could get down to playing some Dayz!

Thanks

Domeboybeene

Hey, I am new to Dayz and I decided to get the mod because it does look damn awesome.

Only problem is, I can't seem to get it to work. Something to do with a 'Bad Serial Number' when I run the game from my Six Launcher. I've tried quick match and manual selection but I always get the same notification after the picture of the military base pops up. If someone could help me out with this minor hitch I could get down to playing some Dayz!

Thanks

Domeboybeene

Have you tried this?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29424-error-fixes/

Did you run both games before trying to play DayZ? Are you using a cracked version of Arma 2 and Arma Operation Arrowhead? If not, try validating the games in steam, or if you do not use steam for this and have a retail install. Try also reinstalling both games.

I have not validated either Arma 2 or Arma Operation Arrowhead. I'll go do that, thank for the help.

found a fix.

if on steam, close it completely, right click on steam in the startup menu, click run as administrator, and all is well! :)