Creep (DayZ)

Dumb Building Question

Three days in here, and have a question. (Make that two...)

One of the biggest problems I have is finding buildings that actually allow entry.

Nothing is more frustrating than crawling on my belly for twenty minutes to a group of buildings, only to find out that I cant get inside any of them.

I am aware of the online maps, but I was wondering if buildings that can be entered are exactly the same over the entire world, and if there was a gallery that showed what they look like. Does that make sense? I was just thinking then it would be easy to spot from a distance what building is enterable and which ones aren’t.

The second question which might solve the first.

Every time I have tried to open a door, I have always been lying prone. Is it possible that while prone, you are unable to open doors?

I just thought that might explain why I would not be able to open the door of an enterable building.

Thanks!

The best thing to do is use your right mouse button to zoom your view slightly when your at a distance. If you can see through the windows, you can get in there. Also , yes you can open doors while prone.

You can open doors from prone.

The enterable buildings are all basically the same across the map. This sheet shows what the different buildings look like, and any without loot spots are likely to be unenterable.

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Edited by weld
  • Like 1

All the enterable buildings of a certain type will be enterable. Not sure about a gallery, probably one somewhere. Could try the bohemia interactive forums.

It seems that comming at a door from a certain angle effects you getting the prompt to open it. if you are prone about a foot back and looking up at the center of the door you could try that. Or find one that you KNOW is openable and test different angles. Alot of times enterable buildings dont have doors you can open and close at all. They just stay open.