Sign in to follow this  
22nd_Chuck

Craftable body armor

A question to the devs, would it be possible (or planned even) to implement body armor into dayz ?(protecting only the torso)

Perhaps modding the currently ingame "assault vest" which can be equipped in the bag space (so you would have to choose body armor or extra carrying capacity) would provide you with a few extra carrying slots, aswell as a body armor value (perhaps add it to the same menu that blood is displayed in) this armor value could then be increased up to the wanted cap by scavenging and using "ceramic plates" which in my opinion should be rare, it would also enable certain weapons such as the DMR or the larger AK rounds from a close distance to for example have a higher armor value damage than the body armor value, which would then turn over into damage.

Also this would enable more experienced players to approach newer or less well equipped players and help them/trade with them without as much fear of getting quickly killed.(ofcourse a possible headshot would still be cause for concern)

Just an idea, feel free to criticise/expand on/dismiss etc.

If this is implemented, I demand a craft-able battle bus.

This sounds like a Beta version suggestion.

If this is implemented' date=' I demand a craft-able battle bus.

This sounds like a Beta version suggestion.

[/quote']

OMFG YES.

Probably the most epic suggestion yet!

Crafting, the bane of many games in suggestion and demand.

The only crafting that would make ANY sense in this game would be;

Vehicles - which would requires MANY parts and a whole group carrying the bits to a facility/garage where it could be assembled.

Ammo clips - this would require a change to the games loot finding bullets instead of clips, so if you found some 9mm bullets you could 'assemble' a M9 clip or a MP5 clip from those bullets and fill an existing clip back to full by manual reload and even remove bullets from a clip. I've seen this before but it requires ACE i think.

As for body armour NOT crafted just rare loot like nvg's etc... possibly just bits that improve certain percentages like a 'helmet' preventing knock-out chance from 5% to 3%, or boots that lower chance of breaking legs, kevlar that reduces bleeding chance. Not overpowered loot just helpful.