Sign in to follow this  
ZekkCC (DayZ)

Loot dissapears every time character is logged out/in

Any time my buddy logs out and logs back in, all his loot is gone except what you start with. We've tried multiple beta builds, multiple servers and a number of different things that we thought might fix it but nothing seems to work.

Also, if he drops his bandages on the ground, out of his newbie kit, and logs out/in....the item appears in his bag again. Any thoughts?

This makes me scared of play this patch :x ... waiting for respons.

I had simmilar problems, and then when i got shot, with new character it dissapeared.

Did found some topic where rocket or somebody from the staff said that it had smthn to do with "old" character on new hive version or smth...

Every single time I log back onto DayZ all of my items disappear including backpack and guns. Everything goes back to just a bandage and painkillers as if I died or something. The only thing that stays the same is my zombie kills, blood count and whatever else is on the debug monitor, this only started happening when this stupid useless patch came out where they released bear traps which are useless. Everytime they patch a new problem arises its frustrating and makes the game un-playable. They want us to test the game and report bugs but we can't play the damn game when all of our gear resets and they don't patch it. I am very annoyed by this and I am sure a lot of others are as well. Rocket and his team have developed a gem of a game but when shit hits the fan with bugs and retarded crap like this they take a long time to fix them and release bear traps instead! Like WTF?

• Like 1

This is not a game, yet.

This is mod in alpha stage

is youre game up to date, are you playing on an up to date server or a server with a different patch as you?

if you are then look in the middle of the screen its allmost invisible but you should see a message saying something is not saving or something is not running (i cant remember it exactly it was so hard to read) but everytime you disconnect it dosent save anything this happened to me before.

also do you see the debug on the side of youre screen (blood, murders, etc.) if not you or the server anre not up to date with the patch eg. you have patch 1.7.2.3 and you play on a 1.7.1.5

just delete dayz and reinstall it IF none if these are on youre game

I have tried both using the correct build and previous builds. I'm going to reinstall and see if that fixes it.

edit: I've also used the correct dayz patch servers and incorrect dayz patch servers to see if that would fix it.

Edited by ZekkCC

I have almost exact same problem and haven't been able to find any fix so far. Tried reinstalling mod, patch, different patches, reverting mod (which didnt succed because I wasnt been able to play servers with older version) and still unable to save my inventory.

If I recall correctly it all started when I updated to 1.7.2.3 and died. Since then I wasnt been able to get my inventory back. Everytime I log into any server I always start with beginners kit. Im in the same place when i logged out, with same amount of blood etc. but with fresh inventory. No matter how many times I die and how i die bug still persist and makes my game unplayable.

If theres any way to reset/delete my character please let me know, I'm getting quite desperate.

• Like 2