Sign in to follow this  
taynay

The Hell man...

Ok, so I just got Arma 2 combined operations from the steam store yesterday. I downloaded it, verified game cache, and all that stuff. I downloaded DayZ and entered the game to find that every server that ran DayZ had a big red X on the far left of the list. When I tried to join these servers, nothing happened. There where other servers with a yellow question mark on the far left and I gave those a try, but to no avail. When I tried to join those servers it said I had a "bad version" even though I have the latest version, 1.6.1.

I realize that I am in the same boat as a LOT of people out there, but is there any way to fix this without waiting for a solution from the developers?

Please do help!

Try using Six Launcher for an easy fix porbably. You've likely not got the beta patch installed is what I´m guessing. Alternatively follow one of the install guides. ;)

Edited by Hakultair

Well, I got the Six Installer and now I can go on servers, but when I actually try to join the game I get stuck in a loading screen of death.

I honestly have gone to every thread trying everything they say to do and it just isnt working....

Did you install the beta? If not use this guide to setup your beta version http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29401-guide-steam-to-those-spawning-invisible-no-debug-errors-beta-update/ And don't skip a step. I heard the 94945 version was bugged and a lot of servers were using the 94876. There's new patch out. But I haven't tried it yet. I would get whatever version the servers are using though. It worked for me.

Hope that helps.

Well I was finally able to join a server and play in it, but then my computer started acting weird.

Its really annoying because every 4-5 seconds the screen will freeze for like 4 seconds and then it will go back to running smooth, only to have this repeat over and over again.

This makes gameplay REALLY ANNOYING.

Yet another problem, great