Sign in to follow this  
Blay Wayne

DayZ is the first game I've ever seen ruined by hackers

Thank you for participating in the DayZ alpha test! Your thoughts, comments and concerns are welcomed by the developers and the testing community. You appear to have found either a bug or a cheating issue. You have the following choices:

1. Submit a bug report at http://dayzmod.com/f.../8-bug-reports/

2. Submit a cheater report at http://dayzmod.com/f...heat-reporting/

3. Whine and moan like a nine year-old at http://dayzmod.com/f...ral-discussion/

If you chose 3, congratulations! You have already accomplished your mission. If you would like to further contribute to the development of DayZ, please see options 1 and 2.

Welcome to alpha!

LOL

OP wtf are you talking about?

Football was ruined by hackers like 50 years ago!!

/newfag

Welcome to a game in its alpha stage; software generally isn't even released to the public even in beta phase, let alone alpha. Get over it or get out.

This is a terrible argument.

how about stfu? if i would be a hacker i would fucking enjoy to harvest your tears. just Stfu the devs/admins know whats going on and they will fix it sooner or later. STFU!

Why are you telling someone to stfu when YOU don't know what you're talking about? The use of BattlEye is required to keep your server white-listed yet EVERYONE knows BattlEye isn't stopping anything. It never will. The Devs know this too. Why are we still forced to have servers with it? The only way to fix this is to move away from Arma 2 or you will see hackers galore until the end of time.

Seeing as there is no planned standalone release date... we get to have fun with hackers AND terrible anti-cheat for a long while.

Edited by I am a Failure (Destry)

how about stfu? if i would be a hacker i would fucking enjoy to harvest your tears. just Stfu the devs/admins know whats going on and they will fix it sooner or later. STFU!

rly, you sound more like an angry kid from mw3 on the xbox

In my opinion, It is you sir who should shut the fuck up if you do not want to discuss this topic. There are other threads in which you can express your rage and contribute at the same time.

rly, you sound more like an angry kid from mw3 on the xbox

Shut up.

what is discussed here? if you can give me serious answer i will never ever post in this topic again.

Edited by Alex988

what is discussed here? if you can give me serious answer i will never ever post in this topic again.

I can offer you tutoring in reading comprehension if you need it that badly.

You clearly have not played a lot of games if that is the case.

I can offer you tutoring in reading comprehension if you need it that badly.

ok well, what do we have?

- very angry op

- bawww hackers topic, again and again and again

- the "its alpha" guys

- a mod who supports this thread by not closing it.

wow that will stop all the hacking in no time. very nice.

- very angry op

- the "its alpha" guys

What, exactly, do you think I'm supporting?

It's completely out of control. First there's debug plains, servers deleting my progress, bugs, and glitches, but now there's immortal teleporting hackers too

tears, sir. you are supporting the tear flow.

remember that quote from dune? "the spice must flow."

Edited by Alex988

- very angry op

- the "its alpha" guys

You sound alot angrier than the OP to be honest. And it seems you were lying about not understanding what is being discussed. Really you should maybe go outside and relax or something because all you are doing is raging about not wanting to discuss something while discussing something.

• Like 1

There will always be hackers in every game, unfortunately because of the way this mod is played, getting killed by a hacker is surely more painful then the majority of other games.

But...

You've just gotta man up and get on with it. Crying will not return your items and bitching will not do yourself any favours.

You have a point, it doesn't matter what phase the game is in, hacking still has the potential to ruin it for people. However, the fact these hacks have not been stopped dead in their tracks instantly is excusable, the hackers are always one step ahead, it's the same for any game. Look at x22, for example. They are the reason you still get people running around with wallhacks on CS:S, even in high level league games with their own personally developed anti-cheats, which take screenshots of the game at random. If they can get around that, they sure as hell aren't going to have any trouble getting around battle eye.

So whilst I think you should calm down a bit and except things can't be perfect, I do agree that hackers can ruin things, no matter if it's Alpha, beta or a final release.

X22 is ridiculously bad.

Organner is the only professional cheat that used to dominate in professional gaming ONLINE. Tho in top level players started exploiting video/sound settings. The only league that stops organner.pl is ESL.

If dayz becomes commercial target of organner for example, then I guaranty that we gonna need serious anti cheat team, otherwise we are doomed.

It took years for Esl to stop all the 3rd party cheats.

I guess let's be patient and hope...

I've seen a few hacked helicopters and a-10's, but they usually just crash and don't really effect me :shrug:

Somethings to remember:

- Hackers have a lot of time, and there is a lot of them working together to find exploits

- Anti-Cheat is handled by Arma2 BI and BattleEye, the Mod can only do so much.

- Its a Mod, its not a Game.

Please try refrain from insulting the devs or saying they don't care. It isn't a movie, you cant do a back-flip and flick a switch and everything be happy ever after. Its a long and tough process!

Somethings to remember:

- Hackers have a lot of time, and there is a lot of them working together to find exploits

- Anti-Cheat is handled by Arma2 BI and BattleEye, the Mod can only do so much.

- Its a Mod, its not a Game.

Please try refrain from insulting the devs or saying they don't care. It isn't a movie, you cant do a back-flip and flick a switch and everything be happy ever after. Its a long and tough process!

Just to make it clear, there's no1 in the forum crying for no reason, they cry cause they care.

You can obv take the time of your life after all you own it. We will never cry again about cheaters if we just see that someone is working on this, I mean we see patches with fixes and additions, which is wonderful, just would like to see some patches about anti cheating, that's all, as no1 cry about the bugs anymore, no1 will be crying about hackers and plz no flame we just care about it and makes us sad.

Hf all

Edited by 0only1

Meh, ive experienced much worse hacking in other FULL RELEASE games, this is in alpha form.

Myself ive only once been killed by hackers.

Hackers suck but you will always get them in all games to some degree. I remember it only took a week or something for hacking programs to go up for Red Orchestra2.

Thankfully Rocket seems to be banning hackers all the time, ive been in betas/alphas before and hacking was not dealt with as quick as Rocket and the BI team are working at things. I think with time things will only improve as they learn more about the hackers and as more hackers get banned. Its in alpha stage remember!

Edited by kozzy

Just to make it clear, there's no1 in the forum crying for no reason, they cry cause they care.

You can obv take the time of your life after all you own it. We will never cry again about cheaters if we just see that someone is working on this, I mean we see patches with fixes and additions, which is wonderful, just would like to see some patches about anti cheating, that's all, as no1 cry about the bugs anymore, no1 will be crying about hackers and plz no flame we just care about it and makes us sad.

Hf all

I am not saying people are crying, there is just a lot of "why nothing been done", there are things done, but you have to remember that it is mostly on the BattleEye and BI side of things, a Mod can only do so much and things BE/BI do, they wont be posting on this forum, if you want to get an answer from them, post on their respective forums.

A mod has its limits in areas like this. And while you want answers, just be patient, it is not being ignored, there have been many of the dev team stating they are trying to prevent this and that but people still question/complain/QQ after because a new exploit arises or the same exploit re-appears through a new method.

A dev can state they're aware and trying to solve an issue, but that doesnt mean it will be solved or not in next patch or a week or so, can take a long time, months even. Look at Cod Leaderboards, broken for life lol.

• Like 1

can't you just ban all "hacking", "bugs killed me", "im getting angry because of a computer game", "ze damn snipers in chreno are sooooo mean" threads?