Sign in to follow this  
ARBaldingEagle

New Humanity Ideas

Seeing as humanity currently has no effects, positive or negative, I feel like it needs some major changes. I'd like to see humanity become a force you have to keep in check, much like blood, rather than the defining mark of a bandit or survivor.

For example kill enough players, do enough horrible shit, and your character would slowly degrade. You may start shaking slightly, or even talking to yourself much like coughing with an infection. Essentially the lower your humanity gets, the less sanity you have.

Of course there would have to be more ways to regain humanity. Possibly things like logging out at a tent to simulate sleeping.

What are your opinions? Discuss.

• Like 1

I don't think humanity should not affect game play directly. One suggestion really liked heard is that if you kill an innocent and loot the body you get blood on your hands for a hour or so after.

i dnt think there should be any punishment for bandits it makes it unfair on ppl that want to play that way

Its not really a punishment. Just another factor everyone, not just bandits, will have to think about. It might make you more Likly to think twice before pulling the trigger.

I agree to this. Humanity definitely needs some kind of implementation and this is one of the many possibilities to implement it. I remember reading rocket saying: "Humanity is the feature DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now." We will definitely see something before entering the beta-phase.

Having nightmares and other stuff from all the killing you have done can't be too good for ones mental health. And as stated before it shouldn't stand as a punishment, but mechanic that would give all the players something to think about pulling the trigger on another survivor.

It would also be nice to see more co-operation induced by this kind of game mechanics.