Sign in to follow this  
westy159

Combining retail Arma2 with Steam OA

Hi guys,

Im pretty sure this must have been asked a hundred times but i just cant find a full answer to my question.

I own a retail copy of Arma2, have done since release. I would now like to buy OA, not just for DayZ but for playng co-op online too. With the Steam sales about it makes sense to buy OA through Steam at a discount.

What i dont understand is, do Arma2 and OA work in conjunction with each other? By only having OA do you miss out on things from Arma2? If i have the Steam version of OA im guessing it wont work alongside my retail Arma2. Does this mean that DayZ would also not work?

It looks like the easiest option would be to buy Combined Operations from Steam, but its silly to pay for half a game that i already own.

Thanks

They work together but sometimes there are problems. I have played these games for many years and still have problems with retail arma and steam OA trying to run together. You may need a launcher to run them together, like http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

I've had mine set up like this for over a year now, its a bit complicated to initally set it up but Steam and Six both understand now, and they work flawlessly together.

I have retail ArmA 2 with Steam Arrowhead, PMC & BAF