nesneros

Server Load Times

I am new to ArmA and DayZ as a whole, but does the joining of a game typically take 30+ minutes? Tried to join a game last night after installing ArmA 2: CO & Six Launcher + DayZ and it sat at the "Loading" screen for 30+ minutes and never loaded. Tried two other servers that had roughly 45ms ping(s) and 2/40 slots filled and they also took 30+ minutes and I eventually called it quits after almost two hours never getting connected to a server.

it takes about 15 secs for me to join a server. servers are at least 50% full most of the time.. if you see a server with 2/40 players you know something is wrong.. don't even try to join there. either the version is outdated or some other problems.

Edited by Lycake

I've found since this weekend 1.7.2.3 that it's taking me now at least 2-5 minutes to load into a server. Earlier in the week it was >20-30 seconds.

As a heads up, I was spawned in waiting for my friend to join me and I saw his character enter the world and a few seconds later I could interact with him - but he was still loading, probably another good minute if not 2. He was standing straight up zombie/bandit bait. So just be extra careful with your logout locations (I like this delay because of the chance it could hurt server hoppers).

Alright.. when I get home I'll try and join a server that has more population :) thanks fellas!

The server load times are unbearable at the moment! Making it very difficult to play with friends

The new patch seems to have caused it- it was very quick to get in previously

The server load times are unbearable at the moment! Making it very difficult to play with friends

The new patch seems to have caused it- it was very quick to get in previously

What sort of load times are you getting?

I may also be thinking that since I have yet to successfully join a game that it is trying to synchronize files/data for character(s) and shit like that, but am not too sure..

It seems to depend on the server, but the minimum load time I get is 3-5 minutes, can take anywhere up to 20

Before the patch is was around 10-30 seconds

Edited by Diminish

It seems to depend on the server, but the minimum load time I get is 3-5 minutes, can take anywhere up to 20

Before the patch is was around 10-30 seconds

It may have very well been the patch then.. hmm anyone else experiencing this?

Do most of you use the six launcher? Or another means to load/connect?

Im having the same problems, I just gave up for the time being.

Im using Six Launcher

Im having the same problems, I just gave up for the time being.

Im using Six Launcher

I assume that you have played prior to today? If so, was this issue caused after the patch update..?

I also have noticed since the patch, that the load times have been around 2-5 mins, where as before it was roughly 45 seconds at most..... doesnt make it easy to play with friends for sure

long loada times 5-15 mins, post 1.7.3. also some weird teleporting/dual lives issues

It may have very well been the patch then.. hmm anyone else experiencing this?

My loading is infinite and i can't even play since no matter what server i try i get that and even if i find a server that works it won't work the second i try to get back into it.