Takas

High End Computer And < 30 Fps

Latest beta patch. Latest DayZ patch. Six Launcher

My Specs:

GeForce GTX 670

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor

8 GB RAM

Windows 7 64bit

... I have almost constanly below 30 FPS. Lowering the settings does not increase my FPS. What is wrong? Everything else works just fine.

[Edit] http://img6.imageban...71616040706.jpg

[Edit 2] My solution for the problem: Another user posted in the forum that he dusted his pc off and then it worked for him.

I opened my computer and dusted everything off, a couple of days ago though. But this time I opened the cooling of my CPU, and beneath it was very much dust, which my vacuum cleaner could not reach and I did not see. Now I dusted it and shit works very smooth now. Full settings and always +30 FPS, mostly 40. Great. I love it.

So my advice: Software-wise nothing helps? Your FPS is still low? Open your PC and clean every corner, beneath, on top, everything. Very much recommended: Open your CPU, beneath the fan hides a lot of dust you might not even be able to see with the fan on top of it.

[Edit 3] Yeah... too soon happy. FPS still < 30 again, even with lower settings. Don't know why... god damned

[Edit 4] Current status:

Lowest settings: http://img6.imageban...71716072896.jpg (17 FPS)

Highest settings: http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/r6hypcux/ArmA2OA2012071716100039.jpg (14 FPS)

Edited by Takas

First and most importantly make sure you resolution and 3d resolution are the same. Other then that, use searchfunction to find some topics about optimizing your game. I run a fairly high end machine as well and am forced to run it on quite low settings to stay above 60 fps.

Turning off SixLauncher when I am in the game does not imrpove my FPS.

My resolution and 3D resolution are the same, at 1920x1080. If I lower them to 1280x720 it does not improve my fps. I have looked into some other threads about optimizing my ARMA2 settings, by configuring these profile datas. Nothing has helped so far. This is just weird... why should I not be able to run this above 30 fps without drops?

Turning off SixLauncher when I am in the game does not imrpove my FPS.

My resolution and 3D resolution are the same, at 1920x1080. If I lower them to 1280x720 it does not improve my fps. I have looked into some other threads about optimizing my ARMA2 settings, by configuring these profile datas. Nothing has helped so far. This is just weird... why should I not be able to run this above 30 fps without drops?

I had trouble with 1920x1080 and found that changing monitors of all things fixed the issue. I'm not sure how helpful this'll be but if you have a spare monitor laying around it might be worth it

Just tried it. Switched monitors, both 24". My is AOC, the other BenQ. Didn't change a thing :(

The FPS drops by the way especially when I am moving. While standing still I sometimes have 28, 29 or 30 FPS, but when I move it goes down to like 24.

Edited by Takas

turn video memory to default not to very high, see if that helps, and set post processing to disabled

I've used your tutorial to setup DayZ for Steam launch. No fps increasement.

Here are my video settings: http://img6.imageban...71616040706.jpg

Again: It's just funny and sad with regard of my specs that this does not work...

Edited by Takas

I have similar problems :(

Phenom II 955BE@3,8Ghz

680GTX

8GB RAM

First few days playing i got always 40-70 FPS with cpu and gpu at least over 60%

Then suddenly i only had 10-30 for 1 whole day.

From the next day on i always had, and still have, 30-40 FPS, with cpu and gpu under 50% all the time :/

Changed nothing, did nothing, it just won't work as good as it did. The game's engine is just bad i think.

It works now for me. Another user posted in the forum that he dusted his pc off and then it worked for him.

I opened my computer and dusted everything off, a couple of days ago though. But this time I opened the cooling of my CPU, and beneath it was very much dust, which my vacuum cleaner could not reach and I did not see. Now I dusted it and shit works very smooth now. Full settings and always +30 FPS, mostly 40. Great. I love it.

So my advice: Software-wise nothing helps? Your FPS is still low? Open your PC and clean every corner, beneath, on top, everything. Very much recommended: Open your CPU, beneath the fan hides a lot of dust you might not even be able to see with the fan on top of it.

• Like 1

It works now for me. Another user posted in the forum that he dusted his pc off and then it worked for him.

If only the problem would be that easy to solve for me too :)

My problem is that the game just won't use the resources my system has.

Edited by coolmodi

I have almost the same computer as you (i5 OC to 4.2Ghz) and I usually average at around 50-60 fps. Occasionally it will dip to about 35-40 depending on lag. Video card is also factory overclocked, but a reference card shouldn't perform as bad as your describing. You can try my video settings if you'd like.

Texture Detail/Video Memory: Very High

Anisotropic filtering: Normal (Isn't a big factor)

Antialiasing: Normal (disable for larger fps gain)

Every detail: High

HDR: High

Postprocess effects: Disabled (your preference)

Vsync: Disabled

My interface resolution and 3d resolution are both 1920x1080

I tried these options, but I am yet again rarely above 30 fps... this is just ridiculous...

Do you know where the CFG file is for Arma2OA ?

should be someplace like this

C:\Users\*********\Documents\ArmA 2

Try these settings:-

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=4;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=32;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147483647;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=1;

AToC=7;

PPAA=3;

PPAA_Level=3;

Windowed=0;

FXAA=0;

I truly do have a high end PC tho, you might need to tweak these a little,

And for the love of god, make sure you set your Video Memory to "default" at "very high" will only use 512mb of VRAM also try putting VSync "on"

Edited by rapier<3

Tried your options, exactly as you said and I still have in cities only 15-20fps. I also tweaked your settings a bit, put Video Memory to default, and VSync "On". Nothing helps... I am kinda losing hope here.

If I set the texture quality from "Very high" to "High" my FPS even drop further, about 2-3 fps less than with higher settings... on "Normal" again 2-3FPS less than "High"

Lowest settings: http://img6.imageban...71716072896.jpg

Highest settings: http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/r6hypcux/ArmA2OA2012071716100039.jpg

Edited by Takas

Take a look at this video:

If that doesn't improve it, go to the actual video and read the notes there.

It's quite often that it's just the server that has a memory leak and hasn't been restarted to fix it. Which is why most servers restart 2 / 3 times a day.

It's not the servers, it's me. It's on every server the same. Also, I am always playing with friends on the same server whom do not have FPS issues.

I tried these settings, and looked in the pastebin... nothing helps.

Thank you for your screenshots. These help alot. I was configuring as you told me and it did not work. I then tweaked around a little bit in the settings, probably everywhere and everything, and it still does not work. Too bad. Thanks for your effort though. I appreciate it.

In 1680x1050 in lowest possible settings I have 30 FPS overlooking the town...

I don't know... I am losing my hopes and I have been trying everything in the past days to get it to work... nothing really helps. (The settings with the NVIDIA Inspector gave me a very very little FPS boost)

This is just depressing...

Edited by Takas

Low FPS is just the way it is with ArmA. It's been an accepted fact with ArmA players for a long time now because the game is coded like poo.....lol

• Like 2

Low FPS, sure. But above 30 please and not in the lowest settings possible.

Just for the reference: I just installed Battlefield 3 again, put everything on the HIGHEST settings possible, and I am never below 40 FPS. Average 60 FPS.

What the fuck is Arma for a shit engine? I've tried everything... how can it be possible that I am one of the very very very few with my hardware stuck on such shit settings and FPS? Seriously... this annoys me.

• Like 1

I've now completely reset everything. Deinstalled everything and deleted every remaining folder. I've started the game up. Nothing changed. Yay. :|

Edited by Takas

I have same fps than you with :

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ 2.20 GhZ ( OC at 2.5 )

Nvidia GT 240 1go DDR2

2go DDR2 RAM

Lowest settings and 1280x960

I'm at 35-25 on the forest and 20-15 on city like cherno. But on 90% of server i'm at 10-15 fps everywhere, you have to find a nice server

sorry for terrybad english

EDIT : For high fps server you can try

UK13 (1.7.2.3/94876)

US 366 Chicago (1.7.2.3/94876)

Edited by noom

@noom: You have the same FPS as PCs that have over 10 times more power...

Athlon x2 is just bad, i coudn't play ANY modern game with a 6000+ properly.

The GT 240 is also not a gaming GPU at all, and old ;)

That just shows me that arma doesn't scale with hardware, if a 150$ PC has the same performance as an 1000$ one...OH WAIT i only have 5-10 FPS in Cherno with a GTX 680 and Phenom II 955@4Ghz (overclocked it even more, but same performance with 3,2Ghz)

Better Hardware=less performance ->armalogic

Edited by coolmodi

I can tell you that people that owes the 670 has a lot of fps issues with arma, at least that is what I've read on the forums. Are you running the newest driver if so which one? WHQL or beta?

I have the same cpu as you but a lower gpu 450GTS 512mb, I run around 40-60 fps, maybe around 30 in towns. The thing is, it seems like the 670 is not remotely optimised for arma. Some servers seem to pile up and perform horribly, I've been on some servers where I had like 15-20 fps and then on others with 40 and some on 60.

Edited by Ramboness