LiamFrazer

Server randomly lags out / disconnects [Logs Included]

You've lost your marbles if you're paying $200 for a dedi solely for dayz.

• Like 1

it feels like this last patch made it worse

This is still an issue on my server to date. Sometimes I feel like we're desynced more then synced, really hope this gets a fix soonish.

i think it gets fixed today

but im not sure if remember right

@leapfrog. Can second that. Using baremetal, server 08 , and gigabit newwork port. Using about 13-14% Cpu and 5-7 Mbs total when this problem occurs for me. Occurs about every 10 mins, lasts for about 1-1:30 mins.

Just installed 95248 which should fix network desync (http://forums.bistud...(1-62-MP-build)) and this is NOT FIXED - issue is still happening!

Thirded. Server 80, GigE network, uses 30% of 4 core box. Happens every 4-5 minutes and lasts 20-60 seconds.

Getting spammed with other messages as well:

16:36:39 Server: Object 106:485 not found (message 99)
16:36:39 Server: Object 106:482 not found (message 94)

I'm having the same issues with my server I have 8 core box with 8 GB ram fresh windows install with updates. I installed the latest patch ARMA2_OA_Build_95248 I know the bandwidth to the server is good its on a 100Mbit line ping times are:

Packets: Sent = 2500, Received = 2500, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 20ms, Average = 10ms

I don't get desync as with the red chain but I get the yellow chain which to me seems worse. I get about 20 - 120 seconds of lag seems like at random. Not sure if its battle eye doing checks or multiple people connecting at once. Please fix this.

We got the same problem.

No network failure, it seems this is like a freeze of dedicated server.

Bump!

Any update for this? This is really annoying and especially in the evening hours almost regulary every 10 minutes!

post-45560-0-94855900-1343162704_thumb.j

Hello everyone,

I thought i would post here just to inform you all of the specific issue with lag and timeout on servers.

I am not sure how many of you understand how the HIVE works but i'll try to explain this for you.

The HIVE is a sql server on 1 machine with 1000s of connections.

The network message pending has nothing todo with any service provider or server host, This is the HIVE putting the packets sent to it on a hold while it processes other data thus creating red-chain / packet loss in servers.

As i stated it has nothing todo with the service provider no matter who it is.

This issue is well known by DayZ and they are working on a fix, They never thought of how many servers are coming online each day and currently the HIVE is under a massive load.

I hope this explained the issue to everyone.

Also just to explain this issue alittle further

Most of you have noticed your server lags more than others this is UNTRUE.

You are more than likely connecting to other servers at the same time when your server is desyncing, the nature of the issue is SQL overload, some servers packets will connect (making the server run perfect without an issue) at the very same time another server may have desync ( this is because it's packets have been force to pend ).

Please note, i am stating this for all service providers. It's got nothing todo with the physical server that it's running on.

One thing is for certain, Every server at Every location will have the dysync problem at some point in it's running, it all depends on what the hive is doing with it's connection.

Your server could be on-top of the hive server and still get desync, it's got nothing todo with server location. It's all down to the load on the hive server and it's own load balance system.

Edited by Lee-Vilayer

Hi Lee,

thanks for your posts - thats basically the same conclusion I came to when troubleshooting this issue. However what would be important right now is that a DayZ Dev states that these issues are caused by an overloaded Hive and that the individual server admins are neither to blame for this nor have the possibilities to change something about the fact (e.g. by throwing more hardware at it).

As you without doubt have experienced users (especially those without solid technical background) tend do jump to conclusions stating the server/admin/provider is "sh**".

So an official announcement by the Dev Staff is absolutely needed here, so that admins can refer users to this! At the moment we are not getting the feeling that this problem is acknowledged/worked on by the Devs due to NO official statement regarding these lags.

This is a really bad situation as the admins/providers are falsely accused of being responsible for these issues. What we all need to remember is that the vast majority of servers is hosted by people which are not making profit out of it, but pay for it. And exactly these group of people which dedicate their time, money and hardware to providing DayZ servers (thus making the rapid DayZ growth possible) get blamed here! This is an unacceptable situation and I'd really appreciate if you could use your connections as Service Provider to the Dev Team to make them aware of this fact and urge them to release a statement.

Thanks!

Hello,

I will speak with them later and see what i can get.

I cant promise anything but i do share your thoughts and something does need to be stated about this issue to the public.

Hm, maybe temporary solution is write to hive from another point ?

As i could understand main problem is Pending requests to HIVE WRITE?

I understand that delayed write may occur some desync problems to player ( loot, blood, e.t.c. ) but mostly players will comfortable play!

Hi all,

since you are doing some research on those "pending network messages", I would like to add some more information:

- it happens on private hive servers as well*;

- for me it happens when some player tries to connect with a really high ping like 900-1030ms**;

* even though the sql server is in the same machine, the logs show that same message repeated for some 50-60 lines. Maybe messing with those (unknown for me) MinBandwidth, MaxBandwidth, MaxMsgSend, MaxSizeNonguaranteed, maxPacketSize would make difference?

** even though the maxping is set to 200ms, there seems to be a tolerance during the initial connection of the player, monitoring with Dart I noticed that everytime the yellow chain shows up there is some player with an awful connection trying to enter the game, and it affects all pings making them higher during that connectiong attempt. When I mannually kick that player, the chain goes away and the lag desappears: checking the logs the "pending network message" shows up at that exact same time.

Please disregard if I am saying nonsense. :)

rboos.