LiamFrazer

Server randomly lags out / disconnects [Logs Included]

Hello, I've recently purchased a French 45 slot server from HFBservers.com but we've been having a few issues.

(v1.7.2.3/Beta 94876)

For some strange reason, every so often the server appears to disconnect from the Hive itself as you can see in the logs. The server will show a yellow disconnection symbol for around one to two minutes, and then will pick back up from exactly the same place before. During this lag period multiple things occur such as;

- The server isn't shown on the server list, as soon as the lag is over it appears.

- The server logs are spammed with [TIME] Server: Network message [MESSAGE] is pending messages for at least 100 + lines.

- Players either keep walking in the same direction or just stand still.

- Zombies either keep walking in the same direction or just stand still.

- If you attempt to join the server during one of these lag periods, it will be unlikely that you'll make it through the loading screens. Players have spawned in the debug area too.

- Items cannot be changed from being on the ground to on your character vice/versa.

- Rcon programs disconnect saying that they lost connection to the server.

I had the issue, but a lot worse, on a previous server so the HFB staff kindly moved me over to a brand new server and the issue was still there. When it isn't lagging the server runs flawlessly with no issues at all. I've included the "arma2oaserver" log file at the end of the post and would appreciate if anyone could help me, I'll note down the times at which it happened so if you do look at the logs, you don't have to waste a lot of time scrolling.

The file is 12.7mb so had to be uploaded to another file-hosting website.

arma2oaserver.RPT

http://www.mediafire...l18oz227b8r6251

Virus Scan just in case anyone asks even though it's basically a .txt file.

https://www.virustot...sis/1342438274/

Times to look for in the log file, the most recent being the first. These are the top lines, most of them spam up to 100+ lines.

2:58:18 Server: Network message 37166ef is pending
2:48:07 Server: Network message 3653e8b is pending
2:28:03 Server: Network message 3487582 is pending
19:28:06 Server: Network message 28cc57a is pending
22:58:20 Server: Network message 26aa0b5 is pending
20:38:04 Server: Network message 24e06b0 is pending
20:28:17 Server: Network message 2444a5e is pending
18:56:22 Server: Network message 1c62c5a is pending
18:39:22 Server: Network message 1a85041 is pending
18:22:20 Server: Network message 18925c8 is pending
18:20:04 Server: Network message 184be98 is pending
18:11:07 Server: Network message 1741d5d is pending

If needed, I can post a lot more time. I can record what happens during a lag session to if needed.

Edited by LiamFrazer
  • Like 1

Could this be my issue shown above?

Appears to be some cleanup related desync issues causing some stuttering and long initial load in times (similar to previous patches). Will look into this for a hotfix.

Please keep the feedback coming guys.

At the top of the server console log, I just noticed this

13:32:43 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.134)

Is this the latest server version, could this be causing any errors?

Edited by LiamFrazer

Happened to me at 70/70, lowered slots to 50 and it's been fine since. I'm sure that bad optimization comes into play but I'm guessing theres some overselling going on too since you're on a shared server.

This also seems to create quite a concerning bit of lag too.

4d8dea7804.png

Edited by LiamFrazer

Happened to me at 70/70, lowered slots to 50 and it's been fine since. I'm sure that bad optimization comes into play but I'm guessing theres some overselling going on too since you're on a shared server.

No, I had it set to 100 slots and it did it, lowered to 64 and it still did it just as often and now it's at 40 and it's still just as bad.

I don't dare put a ping limit on the server, else everyone would get kicked every time the server looses connection to the hive.

As you can see in this screenshot, most of the [RRP] players should be sat on a ping of 18-40 but during one of the lag periods it can spike up between 300-500.

Hopefully, as I can't seem to find what the issue is, the next update might change things.

Edited by LiamFrazer

Same issues OP described happen to our server - LU129. Our hoster (Vilayer) told us it's a random isse with some servers and the Hive.

Been checking the log for some days and the same exact timeouts occur. It's also way worse now, Zeds freezing in a place forever and loot not spawning.

Same issues OP described happen to our server - LU129. Our hoster (Vilayer) told us it's a random issue with some servers and the Hive.

Been checking the log for some days and the same exact timeouts occur. It's also way worse now, Zeds freezing in a place forever and loot not spawning.

Hate it how it buggers up what loot spawns and what doesn't, some areas such as the NW airfield can be totally cleared out of any loot just after the server lagged. My friend who joined this morning noticed that the pings of everyone in the server shot up if one or more people joined at the same time, this might just be a coincidence.

just throwing it in..

how about updating..

just throwing it in..

how about updating..

DayZ 1.7.2.3 + Beta 94876 + Hive 0.6.2.1 is already running on the server and sticking 94997 on isn't really an option yet.

Edited by LiamFrazer

Me an a friend have a server from HFB and I have noticed I lag a lot or I will lag to where I was last at 5 minutes ago

I believe it's a hive issue as Rocket stated. Mine has been quirky since 1.7.2.3 and I have plenty of power and bandwidth on my dedi.

Exactly the same on my servers. Also with the "Network message <hex> is pending

Getting quite unplayable now, can barely keep a connection to rcon for over five minutes. Hopefully it should be fixed in the next update and I guess it's happening to a lot of people, don't have to stress about going with the wrong company.

Same for me, started 2 days ago, was fine before...

running on a dedicate dayz only 50 slots, and server is still sort of idle so no idea whats the cause

I'm hoping that there is some sort of fix in the next update, this is now causing a huge amount of deysnc between players / dead players / loot.

• Like 1

This really needs to be addressed..

Any news yet, or does anyone have further ideas for troubleshooting?

We opened a ticket at Vilayer stating these issues and if they could please get in touch with DayZ support since it ain't happening to all servers, they said they'll look into it..

We opened a ticket at Vilayer stating these issues and if they could please get in touch with DayZ support since it ain't happening to all servers, they said they'll look into it..

Sent a support ticket in but it's just being ignored, hopefully Vilayer can get ahold of them.