Sign in to follow this  
HurriCnz (DayZ)

Global ban due Fraps?

Hi guys,

i recently got global banned by battleye without a reason to do so.

so i had a search on google and i got out here: http://www.battleye.com/support.html

so i had read all the page and i got out this

Direct3D Hook #X: Disable overlay programs or the overlay feature of these programs while playing on BE-enabled servers. Popular examples are Xfire (you can leave it running by disabling the ingame-overlay feature for your game in the options), Fraps, TeamSpeak Overlay (TSO) and ATI Tray Tools.

so i want to ask if anyone else got banned due to using any of the above mention programs/tools/overlays

I send out a email to battleye support and still waiting for a reply.

so anyone had this before? and got rid of the ban?

HurriCnz

EDIT: sorry for the white overlay i dont know how to get rid of it -.-

Edited by HurriCnz

I use the mumble overlay, my friends and I never had an issue with it.

COntact Battleye.

It's not Fraps as hundreds of us use Fraps.

Maybe you should go with the 'found a weapon on a body' reason. That seems more popular.

COntact Battleye.

It's not Fraps as hundreds of us use Fraps.

Maybe you should go with the 'found a weapon on a body' reason. That seems more popular.

well what i did was i was just walking around near elektro and i heard a helicopter so i alt+tab out of the game to start fraps.

i went back in the game and started recording but the heli was going already but i could still hear it.

and i dont know for sure but on an other server i had a uaz hidden in the a forrest.

my friend was going to a other server (he just logged on) so i also went to that server and there was like a wooden box that i could acces with the gear menu but it was empty.

the name of that box was "medium ammo" i don't know if this belongs in dayz but yea...

I have heard of people getting banned by BE for running programs like Fraps before. It is not unheard of. TS overlay, mumble as well of a few other programs I can think of have caused this before. Usually BE is willing to remove the ban if you contact them. This is just BE's way of preventing hacks. Battleye is a piss poor anti-hack program...always has been. The fact that they cannot differentiate overlay programs is proof of this. Just contact BE...I am sure they will help.

I've ran fraps with xfire and steam overlays fine for over a month now without a issue, I'd get in contact with BE.

I have heard of people getting banned by BE for running programs like Fraps before. It is not unheard of. TS overlay, mumble as well of a few other programs I can think of have caused this before. Usually BE is willing to remove the ban if you contact them. This is just BE's way of preventing hacks. Battleye is a piss poor anti-hack program...always has been. The fact that they cannot differentiate overlay programs is proof of this. Just contact BE...I am sure they will help.

You shouldn't chat shit about what you don't know about. It's pretty easy for a hacker to disguise an overlay as a voice communication or recording software, and use that to get by a hack shield. That's why BattlEye is proactive at banning people who may have overlays. The other thing is that BattlEye has logs. If you've ever used hacks in anyway - spawning vehicles, weapons, etc - they can tell. They questioned a friend of mine and seized his base camp because they found a hacked helicopter. After less than 24 hours of searching, BattlEye cleared their base and gave them all their gear back minus the heli. Not to mention they also gave his whole clan free copies of Arma 2: CO.

The moral? BattlEye are doing their best and you're just chatting shit, lol.

• Like 3

I use Fraps 24/7 while in game, to take screenshots, to check the FPS drops while going near a town, and just general recording. It would be extremely unlikely to be that.

You shouldn't chat shit about what you don't know about. It's pretty easy for a hacker to disguise an overlay as a voice communication or recording software, and use that to get by a hack shield. That's why BattlEye is proactive at banning people who may have overlays. The other thing is that BattlEye has logs. If you've ever used hacks in anyway - spawning vehicles, weapons, etc - they can tell. They questioned a friend of mine and seized his base camp because they found a hacked helicopter. After less than 24 hours of searching, BattlEye cleared their base and gave them all their gear back minus the heli. Not to mention they also gave his whole clan free copies of Arma 2: CO.

Or...maybe you should know what you are talking about before calling people out for saying shit. Iv'e been playing ArmA since ArmA 1 first released and have been using Battleye just as long. There are plenty of other programs that are able to differentiate overlays being used even if the hacker is disguising his hack as another overlay. This is lazyness on the part of Battleye. Simple as that.

And yes...as I stated in my original thread, Battleye will work with you regarding this ban if you contact them. Learn to read.

Now move along little one, before you hurt yourself trying to think too hard.

the name of that box was "medium ammo" i don't know if this belongs in dayz but yea...

is the ammobox legal or hacked in or something?

You shouldn't chat shit about what you don't know about. It's pretty easy for a hacker to disguise an overlay as a voice communication or recording software, and use that to get by a hack shield. That's why BattlEye is proactive at banning people who may have overlays.

Technically, third-party ring3 code injection into whitelisted overlay drawing application can be easily detected in lots of ways, and battleye doesn't do much in that direction AFAIK.

Op, if your story is actually true (I doubt that, no offense), you should write to BattlEye support, there's nothing that can be done here by anyone except them.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

is the ammobox legal or hacked in or something?

Hacked, or rather scripted in. Stay far away :)

Hacked, or rather scripted in. Stay far away :)

well i am hardly going anywhere now unless in non battleye server, those are hard to find.

but yea i send out a email to battleye still waiting for a relpy

it seems like this post wasn't needed at all.

I just checked if i could connect to a server and i did not get kicked so, yay me and karma saved me?

+1 karma

HurriCnz

Edited by HurriCnz

you shouldn't chat shit about something you know nothing about.

People have been banned (as well as me, I was unbanned) for running STEAM OVERLAY. That thing, that comes with the system that is used to sell the fucking game. Your telling me they can't see the difference? You're a fuckin tard.