Sign in to follow this  
J1mbo

What to look for in and where to look for it in the Server logs if you suspect duping or hacking?

More or less as title. I have a stream of the server log running. What are the tell tale signs to look for if I suspect people maybe using hacks and or duping?

Duping currently happens unintentionally all the time when people use tents or vehicle storage as intended. We have duped without even knowing it was possible and we keep duping without intending to. Even if we throw all our stuff out of the tents and flatten them with vehicles, they'll be back safe and sound with all the loot after the next server reboot.

Duping happens. You can't help it. Even the dupers can't.

Agreed on this, but thats not the kind of duping I'm intending to reduce. A player X is killed at 14:31:09 then at 14:36:37 the server logs show them with nvgs, rangefinders, gps and all the kit... thats not done unintentionally.

The server logs are largely useless. Nothing like that shows up in them. Hell, they don't even show who killed whom. Hopefully enough complaining will change it, though!