Sign in to follow this  
Noiseless

Character gone?

ARMA 2 - Steam copy

DayZ - 1.7.2.3

ARMA 2 Beta - 94876

Played about 6 hours, got a reasonable amount of supplies.

Logged out for dinner.

Came back 2 hours later logged on.

No matter what server I log into I cannot get back to "that" character.

Help?

You might have been playing on one of the "private hive" servers. Those are servers not connected to the global, official character storing servers. They only save progress on that one server you played on before. They often use the same naming system as the official ones. Your best bet at checking if it's a private hive server is to see if one of the server components reads as @hive in the server description when you select it in the browser.

Had the exact same problem for the second time now. First time i had alot of good stuff on me like Ghillie suit, Fal with nightvision etc etc. One day i logg out in the forest, when i logg back in the next day my character is gone.

The second time i diden't have any good stuff but i had been running alot and i was almost at the airfield (played on about 5 different servers with this char) I logg out to get some snacks when i get back this one is gone to.

So it's a bug we just have to deal with?

I've tried the dieing, quit, reload in another server but still no winnning.

ive had similar problems. one difference is im pretty sure the char that i came back as (one that i started with gear) i think was an old character of mine, one that i thought i had lost due to logging in and spawning as a new player on the beach and despite changing servers i was stuck with the new one, then one day black screen, so i respawn and suddenly old chart is back...

Was at airfield now with an dmr, came back & spawned fresh .. utter shit.

Edited by Robert_merello

Every time i log out i loose my shit but keep the same place, count yourselfs lucky it only happens to you the odd time... :(