Sign in to follow this  
MaskedBaboon

Spawn points for boxes of matches? Help!

Me and my friend are currently near Grishino, a bit west of the big airfield. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places near there where we can score some matches! I am at very very low health and we can't cook all these steaks we have because neither of us has found any matches. Any help would be appreciated!

There's a small chance to find it in the Church in Grishino, but they usually spawn on supermarkets, and the closest market you'll find will be in Novy Sobor, it's some several kilometers from your current position. S:

You could try to hunt some zombies to get some beans, it would give you time to run to the supermarket.

EDIT:

Just checked. Supermarkets have a 4% chance to spawn a box of matches while all the other enterable buildings have 1,6%...

Edited by Applay
  • Like 1

I believe, matches have a chance to spawn in an house, but your best bet is to look in a supermarket. Not every city has one, but they have things like compasses, watches, knives, matches, food, drinks, basic guns/handguns, and other essentials to survival. The closest supermarkets to Grishino are in Vybor, which is south-west, and Stary Sobor, which is south. I'm sure you know this already, but Stary Sobor is a high risk area, so I would advise going to Vybor. However, to get to Vybor, you either have to go pretty close the NW Airfield, or take a long route around the south tip of it. I hope this helps you.

Edit: There is also a high yield building just across the road from the supermarket in Vybor, so there is more incentive to go there.

Edited by Sandwichx

K we'll try and head for Vybor. Thanks guys, Only problem is, my buddy got jumped and now he has 1700 blood. lol I only have 3200. This is insane. He has like 19 raw steaks on him too....aggggh

You can cook meat on lit oil barrels. http://dayzwiki.com/...itle=Oil_Barrel

You can find these in cherno/elektro and around military and industrial areas. I've seen some near Stary Sobor tents.

So this is the way to cook your meat before you can find the matches :)

Edited by Jukez

You can cook meat on lit oil barrels. http://dayzwiki.com/...itle=Oil_Barrel

You can find these in cherno/elektro and around military and industrial areas. I've seen some near Stray Sobor tents.

So this is the way to cook your meat before youcan find the matches :)

This is a nice way to cook meat for someone else. He would get shoot in those locations before the cow could say "moo".

K we'll try and head for Vybor. Thanks guys, Only problem is, my buddy got jumped and now he has 1700 blood. lol I only have 3200. This is insane. He has like 19 raw steaks on him too....aggggh

If you can't get there, I could, in theory, come help you. I'm about four and half klicks away. It sounds far, but it's not too far if you run.

We've reached the outskirts of Vybor. We're crawling in as we speak....wish us luck! And wish us luck that there will be some matches in the supermarket.

Raided the supermarket, found 5 cans of food. I ate 1, my buddy ate 3. We're still in bad shape. NO MATCHES :(:(

Look around the houses in the area. I don't know how far from your original starting place you're willing to go, but if you head south-east to Pustoshka(you can just follow the road to get here), it also has a supermarket.

best bet is to get to the NE hospital in berezino its on the outskirts of town if you approach from the west, instead of looking for matches you can just loot a couple of bloodpacks. If you never raided a hospital before i'd recommend looting the stuff outside and NOT breaking the glass while you are so low on health.

best bet is to get to the NE hospital in berezino its on the outskirts of town if you approach from the west, instead of looking for matches you can just loot a couple of bloodpacks. If you never raided a hospital before i'd recommend looting the stuff outside and NOT breaking the glass while you are so low on health.

They are, literally, all the way across the map from Berezino. Why would they go there? Maybe after they have found some food to regain some health, but most definitely not in the state they are in.

Heading to Pustoshka now. Searched the buildings in Vybor, no matches...there were however like 4 watches...good god. Hope we have better luck further south!

No matches in the supermarket either...2 maps and 3 watches and 2 packs though...good god. Can i get some matches in here!? lol

I don't know what to tell you man. You could try heading back to Vybor and hope the loot reset, I guess. Sorry it hasn't been working out for you.

At this point, we are discussing just going down to Chern and hitting the hospital lol. We keep moving further and further south. Luckily, it seems that we are the only two people on our server at the moment...It had like 15 on there earlier but we've been playing so long I think everyone else went to bed.

Well, Chero isn't that dangerous without other players. Just prone through the street, and watch the flanks, and you should be fine. I would advise taking some blood bags and morphine with you when you leave Cherno.

"

Posted Today, 10:46 AM

Wow this guy is suggesting to start a camp fire at the Stary Sobor tents, don't do that lol."

:D

Yea go the Cherno, the hosital is on the border of the city so youll not have to go deep inside, but make sure that there is nobody, this street - 4 houses + hospital - is great for equipping, and mostly with a Lee enfield with loads of ammo and some kind of sidearm ...

Make sure to check all the windows an listen to steps, you can hear steps from quite far in these buildings, im am talking about all of the medium yield buildings around the hospital.

Wonder if they made it...

I just left the Berezino shops, 3 packs of matches. Sounds like they are learning a lesson though, never travel inland without bloodpacks :) If you are a fresh spawn and travelling with a mate, hit the hospital first. Bloodpacks and Morphine dudes.

Good luck.

am i the only one who feels like hes baiting people into a trap?