Sign in to follow this  
Hitback

Are helicopters still spawning?

As title asks, I havent found a helo crash site in day(z). Are they still in game?

I have found two in my career, 1 with an L85 during the accidental deletion of the gun so useless and another with an FN FAL and M107 with ammo for both.

They are rare and rightly so with what they give out.

Look at maps and look for them where they've been spotted.

New crashes spawn each server reset.

[EDIT] Missread the OP, was talking about flyable Hueys. Crash sites are still around.

Edited by Macenzie

i just found one with an fn fal, a dmr and an as50, and in spite of being offtopic, did I make the right decision to take the as50 over the dmr? the fal had no ammo for it

I've found 5 crash sites in two days. And this coming from someone who before that hadn't seen a single one since he first started playing DayZ.

I found one just last night at NW Airfield on the far north-west part of the airstrip.

I have only found two, ever. The second one was, actually, like ten minutes ago. It had a tent(my first tent) and an M249 with a couple magazines. I grabbed the tent, but do to my play style, and not having room for the ammo, I left to M249 for the next lucky person.

Edited by Sandwichx

I used to find them regularly until 2-3 weeks ago. I usually found like 2 a day. Since then I am unable to find any, even though I kind of "live" between Green Mountain, Stary Sobor, NE Airfield and the southern coast...

i just found one with an fn fal, a dmr and an as50, and in spite of being offtopic, did I make the right decision to take the as50 over the dmr? the fal had no ammo for it

Yes, definitely. .50's are awesome. Make sure to still have a full auto rifle in your backpack though (I prefer the M4A3 if I can get one, otherwise AKM - as STANAG and AKM - Magazines are quite common).