Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Arawn

Flare Gun

Haven't progressed in Arma2 to know if one exists... but a suggestion would be to have the item in DayZ.

Sometimes you want to iluminate an area for a short while, but you dont want the flare stuck on the ground, fire one off into the air, and certain direction, you iluminate the area to get an idea what's around, without lighting yourself up like a christmas tree yourself.

I think the item and it's effect talks for itself... i hope.

As far as I know the only 'true' flare gun is the M16A2 M203 which can take flares and shoot them, but an actual flare gun that takes up your secondary would be cool.

i swear there is a flare gun in arma 2

There is a hand held grenade launcher, which can obviously take flare grenades.

Would it be possible to get pen-flares in the game implimented in a manner similar to the road flares? I'm just curious if a projectile type flare can function without replacing the primary or secondary weapons.

Pen Flares: http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/Pen_Flare_guns.html

And if replacement of the secondary weapon is unavoidable: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=406463

Oh small note regarding the current 40mm flares: They drop way too fast. They're supposed to be parachute retarded and provide illumination for 30-40 seconds, instead we get about 5-10 seconds. It would be very helpful if this was corrected (and then maybe these would see more use in the game too).

Here's a pdf regarding the M583A1 white star parachute round: www.mlmintl.com/40mmM583A1.pdfSimilar

Actually' date=' putting flare bolts into the crossbow would help with this too

[/quote']

... This is the best idea I have ever fucking heard.

i swear there is a flare gun in arma 2

ACE introduced a flare gun. It's pretty worthless for anything other than flaring though. Just minor concussive damage as it bounces off a player's head.

I think a flare gun would be an excellent addition to the game

It doesn't even have to be effective as a weapon, just the ability to mark your location for helping your group/friends find you and also can be used as other purposes (for bandits to attract people)