OtterDerp

Hackers making game unplayable

So I've really been wanting to play Day Z latley, and I love the game, even with all its bugs, I understand its alpha, content is added, bugs happen, we are here to test!

but every single day this week, when I decide I want to play, and I log into my teamspeak server and ask everyone whats going on..... all I hear is

"fucking hacker is spawning helis"

"hacker nuked the entire server, we all died"

"hacker teleporting around to people invincible with a hatchet"

"holy shit giant fireball in cherno and electro"

So I promptly close teamspeak and go do something else.

Hackers are a gamebreaking issue right now. I really hope this is dealt with asap.

Edited by OtterDerp
  • Like 1

And yet another post to throw onto the pile. Its a known issue, you aren't alerting anyone of anything new.

• Like 1

I wish there were more than one server. :(

• Like 1

"If you build it...They will come."(and hack it)

At this point the best thing you can do is collect data that's available(ie: name, server, etc.) put it up, and then find a different server.

Every single day? I don't know if it's more common in your region (I'm on UK servers) but in the last month I've witnessed one hacking event (Somalian pirates.) Maybe you need to find a sever where the admin is a bit more on the ball.

I've run across very few hackers in the last month of playing, so I don't think it's that common. It just really sucks to be the guy that it happens to, when it does. I was at NE airfield earlier and after going to the back of the hangar to loot, I was walking back towards the door when I heard music in-game behind me. Turned around to see a man in tan camo clothing and a red beret charging towards me with an axe. Put half my clip from my Bizon into him with seemingly no effect before I died. I even alerted my buddy who was outside, who had time to camp the door and empty his pistol into the man with the same lack of effect, before he too went down. That's a new one to me, never even heard of this. Seeing the guy wearing an actual beret was a pretty big tip-off to the shenanigans. Anyone else have this happen to them?

I mostly play on SE 3,4,5,6 servers never seen some one hackin.

in the last month I've witnessed one hacking event (Somalian pirates.)

Tell me more.

Me and my buddy were on a server earlier and somehow some guy in a chopper knew we were in a building and para dropped his buddies (we saw the chutes in distance) who then attacked us. I killed one but then the chopper shot my ass off. Then the heli started shooting through the buildings walls and my buddy combat logged (I don't blame him).

Tell me more.

They gave everyone on the server a Golden AKS with a full clip.

I mostly play on SE 3,4,5,6 servers never seen some one hackin.

i play on EU7, 31, 33 hosted by team olut

saw one hacker by now but nothing serious

Had three nice hacker encounters today. Someone was flying a helicopter mustv spawned that in, and then someone killed everyone in the server, luckily we were able to run back to our gear. So eat shit hacker. Then someone spawned in some humvees with grenade launchers on top. Nuked my group of 7, luckily we all abandoned server with only one casualty, and he found his gear again, but then lost it on server change.

I hope hackers eventually get found and banned for life.

Had three nice hacker encounters today. Someone was flying a helicopter mustv spawned that in, and then someone killed everyone in the server, luckily we were able to run back to our gear. So eat shit hacker. Then someone spawned in some humvees with grenade launchers on top. Nuked my group of 7, luckily we all abandoned server with only one casualty, and he found his gear again, but then lost it on server change.

I hope hackers eventually get found and banned for life.

That sounds like one hacker having a field day. Would you have been happy if you had been banned from the server as in the case of the OP.