Sign in to follow this  
tdbw14

Recent Loot Disappears

Today, I was looting a Heli Crash site and luckily stumbled upon a L85, I gladly picked it up, but was greeted by some error message, like the one I get on log in (The one that says your missing some file path). I didn’t bother and ran to the forest and logged off. When I came back one, my L85 was gone along with the mags for it. I didn’t think much of it because of the error message.

But, later that day, I found an M24 in a deer stand, I excitedly looted it and ran off into the bushes and logged off. When I came back on, I was missing my M24. This really ticked me off because I have been looking for a sniper in deer stands and finally found one.

On, that same day I killed a bunny, cooked and ate it because I was really low on food. I then logged out right away and when I logged back in, my hunger was back to red and I was missing my meat. I also looted a camping tent, some ammo, and an Alice pack before logging out. No surprise, when I logged out, they were gone. I don’t know if there is a certain amount of time I must wait or what but this problem is really upsetting me, especially because of what happened to my M24. If anyone has solution or answers, they would be much appreciated.

Date/Time: 7/15/2012, all day

What happened: Recently looted loot disappears on log off

What you were doing: Looting then logging off

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: US 655, 713, 612 (I think those were the ones)

*Your system specs: GTX 570, Intel i5 2500k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance

• Like 2

I've had something similar happen recently, twice, only it involved recently acquired items being transformed into other items, either into or from raw/cooked meat.

The first time, two raw meats I had recently picked up from my tent to deliver to a friend transformed into two DMR clips upon changing servers. It may be relevant to note that right before I picked up those meats from the tent, and I had also clicked over two DMR mags into my inventory. All items were in my active inventory (i.e. not my backpack). I ended up with four DMR mags. Bonus, right? Well, the next time wasn't so fortunate...

The second time fully 10 precious items in my backpack transformed into cooked meat upon relogging. A blood bag, 7 STANAG SD clips (yeah, ouch), a spare map, and a spare compass. I had acquired these items off a dead player I found. And unlike the first incident, I had played a good 20 or 30 additional minutes before logging off after obtaining these items.

Edited by cogwheel

When you change inventory, don't log out for at least 3-5 minutes, that way it is saved when you log out.

Too bad in that second instance of mine I played an additional 20 minutes before logging out.

Still didn't prevent the magical meat-lovers transformation.

I had the same problem lost a coyoyte pack and any items i get disappear when i log back on later

Got same bug 4 or 5 times.

Scenario: I have my secondary weapon in my backpack, trying to put a newly picked weapon in place of old one. Everything went good, but when I'm logging to another server - I got my old weapon!

So this is what you have to do to prevent this bug:

• drop all your items from backpack
  • logoff
  • login
  • look at your backpack
  • drop everything that appeared
  • logoff
  • logon
  • Take what you need, it will be saved

Edited by Guest

If a server restarts, or if one loots an item and logs out in an uncertain amount of time. Items seems to disappear, or rather, revert back to an old save

It seems to me that the persistent server is not updating enough of peoples inventories. Its now to the point where players do not know if their things will be saved when they log out, or if they will have the old items they had 5-10 minutes ago.

This is also a possible exploit to be used in terms of duping. It is frustrating, but I believe it is related to the persistent server's ability to update/upload everyone's inventory. Just a guess really.