Sign in to follow this  
Thatgingerkid

The fun I had with Lee

So tonight I started up one of my many lives. It should be first said that I have had a week life, I've had lives shorter than the 30 minute average. After one of my longer ones, I adopted the "fuck it" mentality, and just run through towns and barns to find a weapon, and act like a total jackass just to see how long it can keep me alive ignoring all sense. Tonight I decided instead of being one of the prey, I would become the predator. However, I didn't want to take the time to find a m24 or a DMR or anything like that, so I decided to keep it simple and look for an Enfield.

I start out the night in Elektro. Run through the apartments, through the supermarket, and end up getting myself get myself an Enfield and a M1911. Not a bad haul for for 10 minutes worth of work. Any who, I decide to check the office building across from the store. I walk in, round the corner and nearly piss myself. Here's a guy, just standing here looking down at a loot pile. He is unarmed so I calm myself and start to get his attention on VOIP.

"Hey buddy" I say over the chat

...No response.

"Hey, you" With a little more volume

This guy still just stares at the floor like there is a pair of boobs in the loot pile.

I am about to say it again when he looks up, and then just runs past me into the next room to loot another pile. I am standing 5 meters in front of this guy, pointing a .45 at his man pleaser, and he defies all logic and sense and just doesn't see me, like I am a damn ghost. So I follow him into the room, and decide to give him one more chance.

"Hey buddy!" Really emphasizing that I see him.

Nothing. I am a little perturbed at him by now so I say screw it time to move on

"Alright fuck you then." BOOM! .45 to the head, no more issues.(Should be noted that I quickly looted the other 2 floors, and found a Mountain Dew. Did not think they actually existed)

So I move out, planning on finding a spot on Cherno and cheesing it up. See a couple people on the outskirts, no questions or attempts of contact, if they have a weapon, they get a .303. Now I want to say this now, I have no idea why everyone hates on the Enfield so much. It is a common weapon with so much potential. It is supposed to be used from 200 meters or more really, outside of a city setting. Not only that, it is a 1 shot kill on players even. It has other perks too, but I will get to those.

Fairly uneventful hump from Elektro to Cherno. Spotted a guy, he had no weapon, even saw him running into a barn. Didn't feel like taking the time to track him so just let him go on his way. Go into Cherno and decide I will get on the building North of the clock. High vantage point, easy to keep watch of a lot of areas, only one way up. Plus I have been sniped from that position before, it is obviously a decent spot. The server I was in was fairly full(can't recall the server) So i figure I am going to be at risk climbing the ladder but "no risk, no reward". I make it up no problem and begin to wait. Not five minutes go by and I get my first target, running through an open field to the west. This is about 200-300 meters away, but the beauty of being above my target is that at this range, I place the top of the post where I want to hit, and it will hit there. He is in a full sprint South parallel to my position, first shot. That beautiful sound rings out(although it does sound a little flat compared to some of the other gunshots) and that .303 slams him right in the body, dropping him dead. This goes on for an hour or so, I make it to 15 murders, no disconnecting, no server hopping, not even being shot at once, and only being spotted twice(and both of them took that information to their graves).

My killing spree was finally ended when I saw someone going into the firehouse, missed the first shot(hit the damn rooftop of my building >:( ) so I skootched out a bit more and BOOM! shot in the head(Go figure, I am fairly sure I heard an Enfield)

I would like to say I didn't kill anyone that was unarmed, but I am not 100% on that. I also did not have any binoculars, so all acquisitions were made by regular sight. I did not get a chance to loot any of the bodies, as no clan-mates were available at the time. Most of my shots were with the target moving, most took no more that 2 shots, one took 5. I even shot a guy who thought he was safe in the red house behind the firehouse when he went to a loot pile on the left side, behind the table. Was still able to put that front post on that little bit I could see of him and put one shot downrange. Saw the kill pop up, and saw him disappear.

I suppose my TL:DR version would be, to all those people who say the Lee Enfield is trash, you may want to reconsider. It is a deadly weapon, even in a noobs hands, possibly more so than a veterans. The noob doesn't factor in the consequences of firing it.

Feel free to tell me if I need to add more spaces or work on any part of this. I only ask that you keep it some-what constructive :P

I would like to say I didn't kill anyone that was unarmed, but I am not 100% on that.

Here's a guy, just standing here looking down at a loot pile. He is unarmed...

"Alright fuck you then." BOOM! .45 to the head, no more issues.

Um, say what now?

nice story :) but yeah the enfield is a awesome rifle, really deadly.

Nice gun for killing others, not so nice for killing zombies in major towns.

I prefer it over almost all of the assault rifles bar a few.