Sign in to follow this  
Tubby McChubbles

Drinking from wells

I searched this and it didn't come up, sorry if I missed it (or if it's implemented and I missed it.)

If you can fill your canteen from wells, why can't you drink from them?

Yeah, it's been mentioned before. Once I was being pursued by a large horde of zed and took to the water to swim to that island north of Elektro as my means of escape. I lost my backpack in doing so and the canteen I kept inside it. This kept me alive a little bit longer but the blinking water icon irritated me as there was "drinking water" (in the ocean!??!) all around me and I couldn't drink a drop.

Yeah' date=' it's been mentioned before. Once I was being pursued by a large horde of zed and took to the water to swim to that island north of Elektro as my means of escape. I lost my backpack in doing so and the canteen I kept inside it. This kept me alive a little bit longer but the blinking water icon irritated me as there was "drinking water" (in the ocean!??!) all around me and I couldn't drink a drop.

[/quote']

I think you mean west of elektro?

also salt water is not very... drinkable.

but i kinda find it difficult, you cant refill bottles of water in water ponds that aren't deep enough. And you cant drink from them either directly.

What if you threw away your bottle?

Why would you do that..? I mean who would throw away his canteen in a survival situation?

I also lost my whole stuff one time falling into the ocean by running away from zombies, but its not that difficult to find a pepsi or coke afterwards.

Yeah' date=' it's been mentioned before. Once I was being pursued by a large horde of zed and took to the water to swim to that island north of Elektro as my means of escape. I lost my backpack in doing so and the canteen I kept inside it. This kept me alive a little bit longer but the blinking water icon irritated me as there was "drinking water" (in the ocean!??!) all around me and I couldn't drink a drop.

[/quote']

I think you mean west of elektro?

also salt water is not very... drinkable.

but i kinda find it difficult, you cant refill bottles of water in water ponds that aren't deep enough. And you cant drink from them either directly.

Nah, I think it was actually Otmel, south of Kamyshovo. And yes, while not very realistic, you *can* fill your water bottles in the ocean and drink it... For all intents and purposes of this mod the ocean is fresh water. But my point remains... A drinkable ocean, wells, ponds, etc. and you can literally die of dehydration right next one, even swimming in one in this mod unless you have a canteen to fill and drink from.

There are many places where 'realism' breaks down. Makes me smile when people decry how realistic the game is when it suits their purposes.

Still love it and it's the best thing out there.

L

Drinking from natural rainfall by talking in direct comms while looking upwards, please.

Good question, made me too wonder. I also disagree you should have to empty a whole bottle each time you drink. Can you give them '"ammo"', such as three individual gulps, or would anything beyond one use of these imply an unlimited amount of hydration?

NOTE:

New update makes it so that you can no longer drink water from the ocean, while also being able to get it from more realistic sources such as little lakes / ponds and wells that werent available before, for this purpose. Crossing fingers they'll implement that together with this idea. Wonder if there are infections to be had from those sources? Intriguing.