specfreq

Universal server time

Since we're both not experts in DayZ code neither of us really know if it would be hard or not to implement. I think you're slightly diminishing the weight of this by saying it's "just to stop people only playing on daytime servers".

More to the point, I'm not sure if you're saying this is a good or bad suggestion.

I am just going by what rocket has said in the past, I can trawl through 100's of forum posts to find the exact quote if you want, but it would be a waste of my time. Also I think it is a bad idea, at 1x time because some people would be at a distinct disadvantage as they would only be able to play at night time. If some accelerated time was implemented perhaps it could work, but what I am also saying is, for the amount of work required is it really worth it, and yes just to stop people only playing daytime servers, because that is what it boils down too. Whilst that isn't inherently a bad thing, that is what your suggestion boils down too, a way to make it so people have to play both day and night, but unless time was accelerated that wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

I am just going by what rocket has said in the past, I can trawl through 100's of forum posts to find the exact quote if you want, but it would be a waste of my time. Also I think it is a bad idea, at 1x time because some people would be at a distinct disadvantage as they would only be able to play at night time. If some accelerated time was implemented perhaps it could work, but what I am also saying is, for the amount of work required is it really worth it, and yes just to stop people only playing daytime servers, because that is what it boils down too. Whilst that isn't inherently a bad thing, that is what your suggestion boils down too, a way to make it so people have to play both day and night, but unless time was accelerated that wouldn't happen.

I'll accept that this idea is bad only because it is a, hard to implement, new feature rather than fixing bugs and tweaking pvp and teamplay.

I still think it's better than the endless "moar gun" posts. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I would like to lock server times too. And yes I do server hop because either one is bugged, or to many bandits (meaning the bandits to friendly survivors ratio is like 40:50), and the biggest. . . NIGHT TIME!!!!!! I would love to see a DayZ server(s) with always daytime, no food or water dependency, and Advanced Video Quality allowance. ( My computer is pretty bad) Dont even get me started on my big problem there. My stuff is from 2010 and I built it.

Yeah I would like to lock server times too. And yes I do server hop because either one is bugged, or to many bandits (meaning the bandits to friendly survivors ratio is like 40:50), and the biggest. . . NIGHT TIME!!!!!! I would love to see a DayZ server(s) with always daytime, no food or water dependency, and Advanced Video Quality allowance. ( My computer is pretty bad) Dont even get me started on my big problem there. My stuff is from 2010 and I built it.

Dayz with no food or water dependancy and always daytime. You know what that is called? Arma 2 with either the undead mod, or celery zombies. Seriously people need to realise that they bought one of the most modded games. There are a plethora of mods out there, google for them.

All they have to do is space server's "game time" out. Offset from GMT in different intervals. THEN give the player the choice to search servers by "in-game" time, just like the mod.

As SA is now, I pity the newbie that downloads the game and then can only find nighttime servers. And, should you find a daytime server by chance, it will be completely populated and totally looted.

Nighttime + current loot spawning = not fun at all.

I hope this is addressed soon. Nighttime does not give a good "first impression" to newcomers who decided to support the alpha.

I really think this should be priority #1.

All they have to do is space server's "game time" out. Offset from GMT in different intervals. THEN give the player the choice to search servers by "in-game" time, just like the mod.

yeah right, lets just do everthing like in the mod... what could possibly go wrong, right?

I don't like this idea, because it will open the door for large scale server hopping, wich was (anyone remembers?) one major problem in the mod aswell.

I really like the idea of a locked universal time combined with a sligtly faster or slower elapsing of time, so that the borders of day and night differs every real day passed. I think it's just fair to everyone and don't benefit a specific group of players.